What a morning.....

F

flutterbee

It was just an incredibly rough morning with difficult child. Meltdown city. Lasted for an hour and a half. Sobbing, screaming, stomping, slamming, sobbing, begging, pleading, sobbing, screaming. :faint:

easy child had an eye appointment at 9am. I drop difficult child at school around 8:35 and then was going to go straight to the eye appointment. easy child, being a typical typical teen, is horrible to wake up. He had taped a note to my bathroom door to not let him sleep past 10, so he had obviously forgotten about his appointment. So he was incredibly grouchy, crabby, yells. I can really relate to the Zits comic strip with him. They make me laugh so hard cause I swear they know my son.

So, on one side I have difficult child melting down and on the other I have easy child grumbling, moaning, yelling and complaining all the while trying to make sure easy child will be ready to go on time and trying to get difficult child to just do something.

I called the school to let them know that difficult child wasn't feeling well and they said it was movie day and difficult child said she doesn't like movies. (Since when?!!?) So the assistant principal said that difficult child could knit with her during the movie. difficult child yelled that she doesn't know how to knit. Hello...she's been wanting to learn how to knit and she and I were planning on signing up for a class. This would be a good opportunity for her to learn. Frustrating kid!

In the end, easy child wasn't ready on time. I had to almost drag difficult child out the door (she put her socks and shoes on in the car) and drop her at school then run back home and pick up easy child and race to the eye doctor. I must have had a momentary lapse of sanity when I scheduled his appointment at the time I did. What was I thinking??? :hammer:

Then I had to run to the store after the appointment and easy child was annoyed cause he didn't want to go the store. He said that everything I do annoys him. :grrr: I told him that he was certainly entitled to his opinion, but that I really hoped he didn't need anything from me this weekend (like running him around or letting friends over) because I wasn't feeling so inclined to do anything for him. Of course, then he said he was kidding. Told him nice try, kid, but I know you weren't.

I'm running away. Far, far, far away. Wanna come? :smile:

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Yes I will run away!!!
Sorry you had a bummer of a morning!!! While I am not a single Mom, when husband is gone for the week, the feeling of trying to get things done sometimes is so overwhelming! My heart goes out to you!
Some days I feel like all I do is try to catch up, and if they are not cooperating!!! Which is, um like everyday, it makes it sooo tiring.

I wonder what it feels like to wake up to happy smiley kids? And to have it last for even a day??? I don't even think I would want to be teased with it for a day!

Good luck with the rest of your day.

Heather,

I can definitely relate to the type of morning you had today!!! I usually dread the sound of the alarm clock. difficult child 1 HATES to get up!!! difficult child 2 is just too "chatty." The smallest thing will set difficult child 2 off in the morning. difficult child 1 reminds me of Forest Gump's box of chocolates - You never know what his mood will be like...

I'll definitely join you!!! I don't care where we go!!!:smile:WFEN

F

flutterbee

I really want to go to Belize, but it would take too long to get a passport. :wink: I'll settle for any beach where the sun is shining. Or a cabin in the mountains. Without a phone. I'm really not picky.

F

flutterbee

difficult child 1 reminds me of Forest Gump's box of chocolates - You never know what his mood will be like...

:rofl:

That is sooo my difficult child, too. I like that. I'm going to have to use it!

F

flutterbee

I wonder what it feels like to wake up to happy smiley kids? And to have it last for even a day???

Doesn't that only happen in the movies? :hammer:

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Now I really want to run away!!! husband was in court today again, the cop didn't show up again, on vacation, but sent someone for him again, judge was mad. But now it has to go to trial!
The date the prosecuter demanded was July 6th... the week of difficult child 1's b-day and in-laws will be here, and also some friends visiting from Cali!!! SO husband will have to fly out the 5th!!! So I will be running the circus!

I am running away... yikes!!!

F

flutterbee

How can the cop not show up? How can they force a jury trial just because the cop didn't show up...again? What does the attorney say? That just doesn't pass the smell test with me.

That is lousy timing. Ugh.