What a schedule at the retirement home--lol!!!

TerryJ2

P.S. I'm guessing that most places will have computers for folks our age. And they'll have wireless or whatever new high-tech connection is available then.

DammitJanet

I grew up playing piano. Started taking lessons at age 5. I quit taking lessons when I was 12 but I still played all through my teen years until my parents divorced and the piano got sold. Now I wasnt gifted or anything but it was fun for me.

Over the years we tried to get me one of those electric keyboards but it isnt the same. I just cant get used to them and I just dont like the sounds. I have looked on freecycle for free ones but so far nothing in my area. Maybe one day. And I do keep looking on craigslist too. I would love to get back to playing. This is another of those things that Tony doesnt understand though. He thinks its dumb because I havent done it since I was a teen. That it isnt a real hobby. We tend to have arguments over hobbies. His are "good" mine are stupid. Sigh.

InsaneCdn

Tell Tony ya need it for the grandkids, Janet. Where else are they going to get exposed to it?

And I totally agree... keyboard is NOT a piano. Piano is tactile, vibrant, alive.

KEEP LOOKING. Even if you have to pay a bit for it, its worth it... but first ya gotta convince Tony.
So... instead, drop a hint to J. and see if he can get his bros to go together with him and find one - it will take three of them to move it, anyway!

TerryJ2

I wonder if that's a "guy" thing, about the piano not being a real hobby. If it's not his hobby, it isn't a real hobby, because he doesn't like it, and therefore, he discounts it. Just saying ...

InsaneCdn

Depends on the guy. My guy... insisted on marrying a gal who played - he doesn't, but he wanted a home full of home-made music. (he wouldn't date anyone who didn't play)

TerryJ2

Insane, I meant in general, not specifically regarding music.
Anyway, neat that your guy likes music in your home!

InsaneCdn

Insane, I meant in general, not specifically regarding music.
Anyway, neat that your guy likes music in your home!
So did I...
I'm incredibly lucky... husband supports each one of us in our unique interests... and he really doesn't have any! He says his is to support ours... from rug-hooking to mechanics to music to dogs... to whatever else we dream up (if we can find a way to afford it)... he's behind us all the way.

BUT - I know from others that this is RARE.