What are my options?

Brodi

Correction: move to another country where SSI payments will stretch further. I hear Paraguay is nice. Do you speak any other languages?

If I had the money I'd be far, far away from the state of TX. I know some Spanish and a little German, but learning a new currency would be torture for me.

AppleCori

I mean child, not son. Sorry. I'm not doing well tonight.

Hi and welcome, TessinTx!

Please feel free to start a new thread, if you would like, telling us your story.

It would be nice if we had a support group for people who are living with brain-injury or mental health challenges on this board.

Apple

A dad

Okay I presume that SSI is some kind do you of monetary help but I do not get why do you have to be in college to get it. Also I am pretty sure your grade 2 math is enough for finances lets not exagerate if you know how to add or substract, multiply or divide you are good. I do not know to do more difficult math then that and I had no problem with managing my finances for my entire adult life. Its easy very easy mostly because in my country you do not have to pay taxes they are taken directly from your paycheck.

in a daze

It would be nice if we had a support group for people who are living with brain-injury or mental h
ealth challenges on this board.

I agree. My difficult child has addiction issues, NonVerbal Learning Disorder (NVLD), and chronic, longstanding, treatment resistant major depression, and now is having a terrible time transitioning to a new antidepressant. Discussing medications and therapies for these issues would be so helpful.