What are REAL relationships like?

DDD

Hey! I'm too lazy to "search" but I'm quite sure I remember you. You have two small children and CPS is doing an investigation of your family? You live in a very small judgemental community? Your husband has PTSD and you have ADHD etc. but...you both decided to drop the insurance coverage that your family had prior to his return home? Do I remember you correctly? I think so.

I am not sure how "controlling" meets "emotionally abusive" in your case. Really, I think, the question is "what are your strengths?" "What do you do well that makes you proud of yourself?" I have never been in a relationship like yours but I do know that when my first husband and I got married there sure was alot of intimacy and laughter and fun. Then, sigh, we had three children and each of us began to change and see things differently. There was no control issue...we just were growing up and look for different futures. We did not agree on discipline for the kids. We did not share friends (even though we were hugely social for the first six years or so of our marriage and had a great time).

Is it possible that you welcomed the protection that your husband provided so you did not have to be concerned about alot of issues? It happens alot. Of course it is more confusing when you are married to a veteran who often feels he has to control his environment.

I believe I suggested before that you get medications for your ADHD as it will help you focus. You will be more capable of maintaining a home with out scattered projects that never get completed. Yes, I know you don't have insurance but there should be a public health department or some resource available for you. Make telephone calls and explore what help is available. Don't ask your husband 's permission to seek help. You have that right as an adult and your goal is to be able to help yourself and your family. IF your husband does not "allow" you to go anywhere alone ??? then I think you may be in an abusive relationship and you should call an abuse center anonymously and get some suggestions from the experts. Hugs DDD