What are you thankful for today :)

Jena

Good morning,

I just read Linda's post "Timerlady" and was so impressed by it and her. I know we do this from time to time yet I thought let's go with the positives today.

I'm sure we all can dig up a few.

So, what are you thankful for today?

I'll start I'm thankful for my two beautiful children, my warm apartment, my kitten gracie :) my boyfriend (yes, my boyfriend LOL) and the warm shower I just took to relieve my back pain.

:)

Next..........................................

Star*

call 911........call 911
I'm glad I've drove klunkers all my life - so that when my only car blew up this morning - I didn't look or sound like a dork when I crawled out from under the chassis in white curdoroys saying - YUP it's either a freeze plug or some pinhole somewhere....

I'm thankful that knowing I have older cars AAA actually INSURES me for a tow - and that Dude's foster family's family has a towing service so that I did NOT have to wait three hours for a tow truck - which in turn would make my mechanic not fix her till tomorrow.

- TRYING to be positive.....today. is. really. hard. ........l.o.l. :tongue:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'm thankful that Billy updated and said Janet is awake and fairly responsive. (check the Messages for Janet post) :D :D :D This is huge for me as I've been worried sick over her. Have been doing little more than praying and thinking about her since we got the news. Now that she's taken a turn for the better I'll still be thinking about her and praying, but hopefully can begin to concentrate on something else. Since I have 3 exams this week that would be a good thing. lol

And thankful that K is alright. I hadn't heard from her in 4 days and I was worried. Last I'd heard she was feeling mighty bad. But she emailed me last night, and while she's in a ton of pain, she's ok. whew phew.

I've been learning to grab those golden rings of happiness when they pop up. They don't always last long enough to wait.

Hugs

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Wow, Lisa, I can't wait to read up on Janet - she's been on my mind all weekend. I am thankful also that she's coming 'round.

I am thankful that there is love in my home, food on my table, and oil in our tank.

I'm thankful that we've been spending some fun family time and that tonight we'll be together to celebrate easy child's 21st birthday.

I'm thankful for my sisters and my brother all being healthy and in my life.

I'm thankful that although I've gained a few pounds back (all easy child's baking!), I'm still on track with my weight.

I'm thankful that my H is strong and capable and still makes me laugh, even when he's driving me batty.

I'm thankful that difficult child hasn't missed one day of school and is still into it and I'm thankful that difficult child is seeing a nice local boy. I

'm thankful that easy child is still alive after her accident and is well on the mend and I'm thankful that easy child has a good job and that she and her boyfriend are good to one another.

I'm thankful that H knew to give me space yesterday as I dismantled my kitchen and put it back together.

I'm thankful for my washer/dryer and dishwasher.

I'm thankful for all my puppies, easy child's included since she is my shadow and sleeps on my head at night and gives me baby kisses hello.

I'm thankful that H raked the leaves and finished the porch.

I'm thankful that Halloween was a success and we got about 30 kids total this year!

Fran

Former desparate mom
I'm grateful for a difficult child free weekend and equally grateful that both son's will be home this coming weekend. I miss them when they are gone too long.

I am very grateful that political ads will be done in less than 48 hrs.

Jena

Star

I"m sorry to hear about the car, yet as per usual you turned a lemon (bruised one at that) into lemonade YOU Go With your Bad self!!!!!!! :)

Lisa - wow thanks for that I didn't read it. Janet;s strength is amazing im so glad you posted that on this thread. :)

Jo - ok your list is long. :) Happy birthday to easy child!!! :)

Fran - Good for you. Peace is absolutey priceless isn't it?? Yup me too. It'll all be over soon enough and we'll see what character will be in charge this time lol

if i missed anyone i'm sorry :)

house of cards

I'm thankful for our home, for my husband (couldn't survive this without him), my kids (even thou they drive me crazy, they are my world), our basic health, this board, and the great news about Janet.

Andy

I am thankful that difficult child has turned his issues around and is now enjoying a more easy child life.

I am thankful that easy child seems to be doing o.k. and is looking at her future.

I am thankful for the beautiful fall weather we have had this year and the brilliant colors that trees have turned.

I am thankful that my legs and eyes still work. Don't know why, but those are the two things that I really appreciate having use of. Maybe because both seem weak at times.

Lothlorien

I'm thankful that Mighty Mouse and Missy are getting free tutoring at school!

I'm thankful that I have a husband who loves me and appreciates me.

I'm thankful that I have awesome family and friends.

I'm thankful that I have this board to vent my frustrations with difficult child instead of wearing out my family and friends with it. You guys are the best! Only you all understand!

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
God.....always God 1st
my 2 sons and their "colorful" dispositions
my family
my friends
my job
my freedom - VOTE 2morrow!

trinityroyal

Beautiful fall days like today, that make me feel that all is right with the world.

Little easy child, who seems to take it as his personal mission to make sure that I'm happy and well. (husband says to him, "You look after mummy while I'm out, and make sure to keep her safe.) He truly is the light of my world.

husband, my first crush, my hero, my best friend. And the fact that we found our way back to each other after nearly 25 years apart.

difficult child, whose compassion for others is infinite.

Jena

You guys are the best! :)

I hope this thread keeps filling up and we keep it going. Maybe it'll help us on the days we want to pull our hair out :)

Wiped Out

Staff member
I'm thankful for...
Family-with all of its ups and downs, the love is always there-important to remember at times.
Friends that really care.
My job-I love the kids (even on the days when I'm ready to pull my hair out:) )
A good sense of humor. Through all challenges of life with the kids, finances, etc... husband and I have been able to laugh-we always say it's better than crying (although I do that at times as well).
My faith
Quiet time-a rarity but much appreciated when it happens.
My relatively good health.
Hot buttered popcorn and movie nights with husband.
Football season (even if my Wolverines are having a down year)
Summer vacation!!!
A hot bubble bath.

Thanks for this thread-it helps to remember to be thankful for the big and the little things.

Jena

Ok i'm going to do one today again.......

I'm thankful for my truck that hasn't given me trouble yet. :)

I'm grateful for my health, my families health

I'm grateful that each new day

*I'm doing short stuff today, you can tell rough difficult child day today :( yet i'm still grateful

and Sharon your welcome and yes popcorn is the best!!! with tons of butter :)

KTMom91

I'm grateful we are in a country where we are able to vote.

I'm grateful we are able to hold on to our house and the cars.

I'm grateful for my sweet fur Buddy.

I'm grateful that Hubby and I still have jobs.

I'm grateful that my physical therapy is going well and I'm finally getting better.

I'm grateful for family and friends...board included!

Jena

I"m very firey today over something and so i decided that it would be a good time to try to find something thankful.....

So, here goes.....

I am thankful for my children. For difficult child's creativity and desire to try so very hard all the time. I am thankful, ok easy child has been rough.... i am thankful that she is getting older and will hopefully soon learn the lessons i'm desperately trying to teach her.

How was that?? lol

Jena

Good morning

I wanted to throw out what i'm grateful for today! I'm sleepy today, boyfriend left early with all the kids and woke difficult child up by accident. ugh!

I'm grateful for difficult child's health insurance today, we are going to difficult child's first therapy appointment with new therapist and I don't have to pay.