What are your ringtones for your difficult child

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
I just got a new cell phone, and of course, had to download ringtones (don't even wanna know what my next bill is going to be) so I can tell which family member is calling.

Even though the kids had talked me out of getting a Blackberry- Jamie said mom, what are you thinking - you can't even work the remote after how many years?? My new phone is pretty cool and is also an MP3 player- if there is a song playing and I like it but don't know the name, I can hit a button and my phone will listen to it for a few seconds, do voice and music recognition and tell me what the song is and who sings it and will let me download the song and also the ringtone.

I have been having lots of fun trying to find relavant songs for friends and family.

difficult child's is a song by Afroman which goes "I was gonna clean my room until I got high...oooooooo I was gonna get up and find the broom but then I got high..la laaaaaa laaaa...my room is still messed up and I know why....chorus : why man ???...because I got high, because I got high, because I got high la la ta da da..

It mskes me laugh everytime he calls which is probably a good thing laughing when you say hello, cause some of those calls, whew...make me wanna claw at my face.

So what is your favorite ringtone

Marcie

fedup

You are way ahead of me. I have been saying no to a new phone contract simply because I don't know enough about the one I have. Our contract has been up for over a year! I used the available ring tones to choose from. H got the same one as he uses on his phone. I got one D a cheepy sounding one, because she is addicted to Tweety Bird. difficult child son got the Mexican Hat Dance, and something similar when I changed phones before.

I love my youngest D's tone for me- Leave the Pieces!

susiestar

Roll With It
you can put different tones on for different people?

I am SOO not able to do all this. No blackberry for me, I get whatever is free.

Since my older difficult child hardly ever calls, and when she does it is usually from a pay phone, and my little difficult child lives with me, I have no special ring tone for either of them.

My ring tone for my MOM, however, is called Crazy Frog. It is obnoxious. "duh-ding ding ding ding ding ding bum bum bum bum buh buhbuhbuhbuhbuhbuh buh baw baw baw bawww bawww bweeeee!" Not even really a song, more like the intro to a song. It symbolizes what I hear when my mother gets on one of her tangents.

For everyone else, it is "How Do You Like Me Now", by Toby Keith.

DammitJanet

For husband its Country Bumpkin, For Jamie its Watching Scotty Grow, For Billie its Cats in the Cradle, and for everyone else its Kenny Logins...For the First Time. Dont ask me why...lmao.

I also have one of those Mp3 phones.

If Cory had a phone I would love to have the ringtone for him Marcie..lmao.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Fedup, I have 4 phones under one contract- they are all out of contract cept for mine now, which is the only number out of sequence. easy child is thinking to move his phone number over to Sprint because their data package is a lot cheaper than the one we have with Verizon. He has the Motorola phone which is similar to the blackberry. Since he is a bit of a techno geek, his phone does everyting except eat his lunch for him. When he does that, then SO and difficult child can update their phones, and I will downgrade my package and also dump the insurance I carry on each phone which is right now 20.00 a month total for 4 phones with a 50.00 deductible.

I used it one time in the past 5 years when Dan lost my phone, only to find out you don't get a new phone, you get one that has been reconditioned. Both easy child and difficult child have replaced their phones a few times, and get one thru Ebay at a much cheaper price than buying one from the phone company.

Am still looking though for that special ringtone for Dex..

Marcie

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
I have various excerpts of songs for various people. husband = beatles, easy child = I am already there, parents = born in the usa, red cross = do run run. That is all so far. I didn't do specific for difficult children ones because I never know which number the Residential Treatment Center (RTC)'s will come from.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I have a trac phone since I am so 'frugal'

But DF's phone rings "Shot in the dark" by Ozzy. Whenever difficult child got angry with DF he would change the ring tone to something like

ABBA FERNANDo, another time it was Devo Whip it (that one made me spit coke out of my nose) and I remember another one was (don't know the name) but it played the 50s song I love him I love him I love him and where he goes I'll follow I'll follow - big burley biker with that was too much. And he is so anti-technology it had to stay on there until he and difficult child made up and changed it back.

That's the kind of retribution I could handle.

HAHA
Star

susiestar

Roll With It
Ihave to figure out how to do this. Nephew works for cingular, maybe if he comes to Xmas (only time we see him) he will do it for me or teach Jess. Or I will have Jess's bff do it. Her dad works for ATT, they all have fancy phones that do all kinds of things. Her dad has 2 phones for work and 1 for personal. I would HATE to be in contact that much with anyone.

Toooo much like a leash. (My uncle used the cell phone and pager as an electronic leash for his daughter. Even had the phones lojacked for a fee. When she would "run away" he could call and get her exact location. He knew a guy. need I say more?? Am wanting to do that when Jess gets more independent, but problem won't need to.

Susie

witzend

Marcie - you don't have to pay for ringtones. Just download whatever song you want to use on your phone from your itunes (or wherever you store your mp3's). You can also search "Free Ringtone Downloads".

Lil

I lost my ringtones when I did a hard reset on my phone...but I used to have Stewie from Family Guy. My son actually used to do an impression of this...so it was perfect. But I got to the point where my stomach would just drop every time I heard it so I never downloaded it again.

InsaneCdn

Even though the kids had talked me out of getting a Blackberry- Jamie said mom, what are you thinking - you can't even work the remote after how many years??
Marcie, Marcie. So instead of a BlackBerry you got a smart phone? They are 10x worse!

For the record: even my un-technology-friendly hubby has a blackberry.

On the other hand, me, the tech-head... gave up on other smart phones. I simply don't have the kind of coordination to make a touch screen work properly. I'd be typing away and hold a key for half a second too long because I was thinking and... called somebody else, or restarted the phone, or whatever.

PatriotsGirl

My husband's is "Real Good Man" by Tim McGraw.

My son's is "Sweet Child of Mine" by Guns and Roses and Difficult Child's (when she had a phone) was "Rain" by Madonna because she used to refer to herself by her middle name, which is Rain.

Nomad

Staff member
Lil...that would make me NUTS! (but it is funny!)
husband had one that was so creepy I made him get rid of it. I would get heart palpitations. For awhile, he had the theme from Jaws. Then, something from a murder mystery or some such thing. Definately a pattern going on there.