what are your thoughts on chiropractors?

K

Kjs

I think it is stress, anxiety, sinus and migraine.

He worries about everything. He knows what is going on in the world and worries about that! He's got enough to worry about himself and school.

SRL

I was going to go to Orlando and visit overnight this month and I didn't
bring it up. I don't work for a pharmacy but I can't wrap my head around
using supplements and a chiropractor. Am I missing the boat? Sound like you all are in the know about this subject. I have used a chiropractor with outstanding results for pulled back muscles...but Tourettes?? DDD

I'm thinking with chiropractic that it's not looking for the one magic cure but more addressing the whole picture ie small improvments merging together making for a healthier human being. So much of medical care has become reactive (tossing a medication at a problem) instead of proactive. I initially went in for serious neck pain which not only is resolved, but my blood pressure is down, occular migraines are gone, carpal tunnel greatly improved. Last week I mentioned my ear feeling very muffled and that the ENT couldn't do anything for me so she adjusted it and I'll be darned if by afternoon it was starting to clear up for the first time in months.

I haven't gone whole hog with the supplements but the two that I have brought home have been helpful. One was a fish oil capsule to promote healthy heart that I could keep down (instead of regurging and heaving later which made the previous ones useless) and the other was something for restless leg syndrome.

F

flutterbee

I would give the chiro a go. The only reason I haven't gone for my back issues is because my GP and I are really thinking it's a spondy (autoimmune, inflammatory rheumatic condition) and I'm not sure if a chiro adjustment would cause more damage. I have gone in the past, though. For a month several years ago, I slept sitting up. I couldn't lie down without excrutiating pain. And I was in pain all day long besides. All it took was one visit and the pain was gone. It was amazing how good I felt. I'm pretty sure I called everyone I knew, I was so overjoyed.

I totally agree with SRL with doctors treating each symptom as completely separate and throwing medications at it. My doctor now is a DO, as opposed to an MD, and they tend to look at the body as a whole. As we still have no answers, I am now researching combining hollistic and traditional medicine because I don't think I'm going to get the relief - or answers - I could with traditional medicine alone. My new therapist is a firm believer in this approach - which is a complete coincidence...I didn't know that when I scheduled with her - so I will have a good person to bounce things off of.

I just got the book Healing Happens with Your Help by Carol Ritberger, Ph.D. I'll let you all know if it's any good. So far, it just makes a lot of common sense. It's about combining hollistic and allopathic medicine.