What could this mean? I-phone question

BusynMember

Last night late, around 10:30, my sons girlfriend disappeared. Son got a text from her that she is coming over, will see him soon. Since then, he has tried to get in touch with her repeatedly and phone goes to voicemail instantly.

This isnt like her. I fear an accident, but son insists phones are made so good these days with indestructible cases so he doesnt think its possible reason why phone is apparently shut off. Apparently she is always on her phone and never lets it die. And now there has been silence since that text.

I think Im more worried about her than he is but I he is baffled. They did not fight. She had just gone out to pick up something for his son.

Any thoughts? I never met this woman, but she sounds so sweet by description and i cant get my mind off of her. She really has no family and was planning to take off work today so contacting work wont help.

Thanks to anyone who answers. I am not familiar with iphones. Never had one.

KTMom91

Sounds like an accident to me, too. I don't have an iphone, but Miss KT did, so I remember a little about them. If she has a GPS tracker on her phone, the police should be able to find where she is and make sure she's all right.

BusynMember

I dont know if she does or not. Son knows her last name. I dont. And son doesnt really want to call the police. But thanks.

mof

Momdidntsignupforthis
I have an iPhone, but regardless, there is always a way to contact someone. Did he call hospitals? Also, if phone was damaged many young people do not have numbers memorized.

BusynMember

He wont call hospitals. He's my difficult son and i cant make him do anything nor can i get her last name out of him or I would call hospitals etc. He has no FB that is active so I cant even find her name there. Im serious when i say i am more upset than he is. Hes more puzzled than worried. Im the opposite. It doest feel right...she sounded like the first young women he has met in ages who is kind, sweet, loving to grandson and she is also very much non combative.

Maybe this is her way of breaking up with him. But since she had just sent him a text, it just doesnt feel right.

Last edited:

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
That sounds really strange. I'm worried with you!

Even if he called the police they won't do anything for 24 hours.

I pray she is ok.

Please let us know when you know.

((HUGS))

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
SWOT

Sorry to hear. It is a bit creepy. I watch a lot of Dateline.

You just never know what it could be.

Keep us posted.

ksm

I hope he...and you hear something soon. Did they live together? Can he check social media to see if she has been on it recently? Ask other friends about her? Her family? Could she have run out of minutes or not paid for the next month?

A young woman in our state disappeared several weeks ago...and she, nor her car, has been found. Being the mom of teen girls, this would frighten me...a bunch!

When I don't hear from my older child, I can at least look at fB and see how long she has been off of it. She hasn't had phone service (pay as you go) and has lost her job, so I can't call her, but can leave messages of Messenger and she usually answers when she gets someplace with free wi if.

Ksm

BusynMember

Thanks for your input. I watch investigative discovery. Im very concerned.

This woman is around 40 with no close family. She lives with a close friend but son doesnt know where the apartme t is or the close friends last name If a woman is willing, he has her come to his house and doesnt recipricate. I know. Its amazing he ever has girlfriends but he does. There are very lonely people out there, some who give, give, give and dont ask for much. She has done tons for him.

I think he is telling me what he knows. He tends not to lie to me. He is more apt to give too much information.

I am on hold right now. I will report anyrhing i hear.

BusynMember

Thanks for your input. I watch investigative discovery. Im very concerned.

This woman is around 40 with no close family. She lives with a close friend but son doesnt know where the apartme t is or the close friends last name If a woman is willing, he has her come to his house and doesnt recipricate. I know. Its amazing he ever has girlfriends but he does. There are very lonely people out there, some who give, give, give and dont ask for much. She has done tons for him.

I think he is telling me what he knows. He tends not to lie to me. He is more apt to give too much information.

I am on hold right now. I will report anyrhing i hear.

AppleCori

SWOT--

This is concerning.

The best hope is that, if she is really missing, the roommate will call the police.

Most of the time, there is a reasonable explanation. Hope this is one of those times.

Let us know if you hear anything.

Apple

BusynMember

Ok. Easy answer. Her phone died, although son insisted it could never ever happen because she is so tied to her phone. I had to text him for an update. He didnt realize how worried I was. Its sad to say this, but son seriously lacks empathy. For anyone. He wasnt worried at all and probably didnt imagine it would worry ME either.

Im very relieved.