What did you all think about American Idol last night?

DammitJanet

I thought some of them were very memorable. Some not so much...lol.

I really thought Aaron Kelly hit it out of the park last night with "Angie". Micheal Lynche did well with "Miss You". Siobhan Magnus was excellent with "Paint it Black". And of course, Casey James was just wonderful with "Its all over now".

I think Tim Urban is in big trouble and is probably going home. Lacy may be in trouble too. Not too sure about the others. It was tough.

SRL

Janet, I seem to remember last year that you and I had totally opposite tastes in what we really like. :D I think Aaron should have waited about six more years before auditioning. Every time I hear him I think his voice lacks the maturity that David Archuletta and Allison Iraheta had at the same age, and that he should still be back in high school doing musicals and whatnot for awhile.

I agree about Lacy and Tim to go home.

Siobhan is my favorite, although I didn't think last night was her best performance.

As a whole this year's group seems a lot less talented to me than the past two years kids.

DammitJanet

LOL...I know I normally dont like the same as some here! I loved Kelli Pickler and Bucky Covington. I remember people here talking about how nobody could really talk like Kelli did and it had to be a put on...lol. No..it was real! But both of them are really doing well for themselves on the charts.

I like Aaron. Do I think he is going to win? No. My two top fav guys are Michael and Casey. I think my top fav girl is Chrystal. She is going to have to pick it up from last night though. I wasnt thrilled with last night.

I dont like Lacy's voice. I just couldnt listen to that for long. LOL.

Im just a country girl at heart. I was thrilled to hear that Danny Gokey released his first debut on Itunes (I think?) and it was released as a country song and it skyrocketed higher than any song since 1962 I think they said. Way To Go Danny!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Aaron is good, but what we hear as 40+ women preteen girls are just swooning over. So I think he's going to go far. He's handsome, has that "history" background and while he may not be the next Idol? He'll get something. Um....that dress? The Shirley Temple thing? What was up with that?
The girl from Ohio, with the guitar? Neh....didn't like that at all - she's better than that. I liked the girly with laryngitis. That was hard to do, not the best stage performance but kudos for going out. The big guy? WOW - get excited - (tone that down a notch) good voice. The blonde guy? Loose some curls.

I still don't really have a favorite - but they are all very talented.

DDD

I'm not hyped by any of them yet. The young girl in the fluffy dress is lovely (like Star I don't remember names until the end) but she is too young. in my humble opinion you have to mature into your presentations and most teens aren't ready for the big time.

I "like" a number of the contestants. This season I don't hate any of them, lol. Every one of the family intro's was interesting. Maybe next week I'll start honing in. DDD

DammitJanet

The big guy is Michael Lynche and the Blond Curls is Casey. Casey and Kara are in Lust...lol. Ellen makes fun of them constantly.

Tony loves Lee. Me...ehhh..He is ok.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I'm still a Crystal (#1), Siobhan (#2), and Michael/Casey (#3) fan!

I'm amazed at how much worse most of them are on stage than when they were auditioning. Stage fright? At least last night was better than last week!

Suz :wine:

DammitJanet

What do you think is going to happen next year when Simon leaves? I think it may be the end of Idol.

My Tony had a good idea about judges but I dont know how to suggest it. We now have enough experienced former American Idol winners that they could bring them in to be Idol Judges two at a time along with Kara and Randy. They really know what its like to be a contestant and win Idol. I think their input might be quite good as a judge. Just a thought.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I think if you don't have a strong presence or a bad guy? The show will eventually fade out. You're going to need someone in the industry with experience. I like Tony's idea as a replacement for the existing judges, but I still think you need that "presence" of knowledge. Even though he's a bad guy - he DOES know his business, and makes money. Butt or not - he's not in it for popularity.

Lothlorien

husband and I really liked Lee Dewyze last night....though he didn't get great reviews. I think he's great. Of course, I still love Crystal. Like Siobhan and big Mike.

Ephchap

I like Siobahan and Crystal for the gals, and Michael, Lee and Casey for the guys.

I do think some of the younger ones - the cute girl with the long dark hair and the young guy have amazing voices for their age. I just don't think they were ready, which is why I wonder why the judges chose them. It seems there were plenty of others that were ready, but what do I know. lol.

I think when Simon leaves, the show is over.

Deb

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I think when Simon leaves, the show is over.

I agree.

I think they will hire a replacement and the show will limp along for a season.......maybe two. It makes too much money for FOX for them to not try to keep it going.

I don't miss Paula at all. But Simon? Without him I think the spirit will be gone.

Suz