What do you buy for Xmas?

DammitJanet

Masta...Im coming into this thread very late.

You have a very difficult situation with your daughter and I dont envy you it one bit. In the normal situation the mom of the daughter would be the one doing all these things...plus...you would be pretty much assured of staying in both her and the baby's lives should anything happen between difficult child and the new hubby. I dont think we can say that is the absolute positive thing here, though with the new hubby/daddy's record as a sex offender that might help your case.

I am the paternal grandmother of two and I didnt rush out and start buying up stuff in either case though I did buy a few things beforehand. Now is another case entirely...lol. You cant stop me from buying!

I still have a niggling fear that my grands could be taken from me, moreso Cory's child than Jamies. However, thankfully the momma and maternal grandma seem darned thankful for their weekend breaks! I cant see that ever changing especially since we are so good to her and she adores us.

If I had any advice it would be to attempt to set up some sort of visitation with the baby as soon as you can even if that means you go up and stay in a motel near them. Then when she is about 3 or 4 months old she can come spend the night with you one weekend...and go from there. The more that the baby relies on you the better. She or he will need someone stable in their little lives.

Oh Xmas??? I dont buy much of anything for the adults at all but I buy for the kids once mine have kids...lol. Mean arent I!

I get Cory 2 pairs of jeans, two warm shirts, a pack of boxers and socks and all with the tags cut off so they cant be returned.

JJJ

Maybe you can start a tradition of putting half of the money you would have spent on them in a college fund for your grandchild. You could be listed as the trustee and then the difficult child parents can't access it.

I like the activity gift (pedicure). She gets to feel pampered, you have a nice bonding experience, and it can't be stolen!