what do you love about your difficult child?

Jena

yup i'm soo trying to stay positive today. can you tell in my posts their better, more focused and i'm not crying as i'm typing. manicures really do help :)

so yea we vent alot, we cry, look for advice yet let's take a diff approach for a minute......... what do you love and admire about your difficult child?

i'll go first........ and yea i'm missing my little girl bigtime.

i miss her smile
i miss her resilience and her strong will. yup i said it i miss that "she has the will of a terrorist" as per her new pyschdoc.

next..........

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Travis: I love that no matter how hard life is or how hard it is for him to do things, many of which are things we all take for granted, he never gives up, he never gives in. He just keeps going.

Nichole: Her inborn gift/connection with animals. Yes, it's been a major pain when she's brought home one stray after another......... But honestly I find it simply amazing how a terrified, injured, or even vicious animal will calm in her presence and seek her out, both domesticated and wild. They trust her completely, profoundly. I've always had a "way" with animals, but nothing compared to hers. Sends chills down my spine when I see it in action. I'll never forget the time we were out in the middle of no where and suddenly I found 7 yr old Nichole covered head to toe in the most beautiful butterflies I've ever seen.

It's easy with a difficult child to get caught up in the day to day drama and the difficult child behavior. When it's like that it can be really hard to remember the good things we cherish about them and certain things that make them special in our hearts. It's good from time to time to step back and re-focus on the good points to help keep the difficult child part in perspective.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
difficult child - Seems crazy to say it, but I love my difficult child's stubborn streak. I love that she's always rooting for the underdog and that she is filled with empathy for people she views as 'in need' or down on their luck. I love her conscience - yep, it speaks to her and usually after telling a lie, she does a complete about face and comes clean...these days she usually begins with, "I'm not going to waste my time lying, so here is the truth..." and then comes out with it. I love that she is finally comfortable in her own skin. And although it sometimes gets in her way of making progress, I love that she has a certain self righteousness about her decisions...justify, justify, justify. I think I have detached so much from her difficult child-ness, that I see her with new eyes. She's another person in my life that I happen to love very much but I don't have to be involved in her every day stuff, which is so nice.

easy child/difficult child - I love her independence, even if she doesn't think things through. I love this new thing she's got going on about taking better care of her health, and I love that she can begrudgingly admit when she's made a mistake. I love her to death, but she's been a real pita lately, so this is a short list on what I love about her personality/temperament! llol

Big hugs, Jen - I know you miss your daughter with every ounce of your heart.

trinityroyal

I love my difficult child's compassion and inner strength. For months and months now, difficult child has been mother in law's primary caregiver. We have a doctor, a nurse and a personal support worker who do home visits a few times per week, but difficult child has been staying with her and looking after her 24/7. He has really risen to the challenge, and for the first time I am seeing the wonderful man that my boy is growing into. I always knew he had it in him.

Jena

aw that's great stuff you guys.

and trinity wow how are you? it's been forever. i can't believe the little ones are a year old now!

shellyd67

I love when my difficult child gives me a big, long, heartfelt hug out of nowhere. I love how polite he is and how he can hold such a nice conversation with adults. I love how he compliments my dinners, I also love how funny and charming he can be. BUT MOST OF ALL I love when he has a good day !

trinityroyal

and trinity wow how are you? it's been forever. i can't believe the little ones are a year old now!
Time sure whips by when you're not paying attention, doesn't it! Yes, the babies are growing like crazy. Walking, trying to talk a little bit, and getting into EVERYTHING.

Jena, I'm so glad to see you back on the board although I'm sorry that you have to be, if you know what I mean. And I'm sorry that things are so rough with your difficult child. I'm hoping that the in-patient stay will help her to get stabilized. And congratulations on your marriage. I saw your lovely wedding pics, but didn't get a chance to post at the time.

Hugs,
Trinity

Wiped Out

Staff member
I love my difficult child's ability to empathize. His sense of humor is a hoot!!

easy child/difficult child has a love for animals and science. She also has a great sense of humor!

tiredmommy

There are so many things I love about my Duckie.

I love how she reaches out to other kids and really believes in herself enough to know that she can make the world the better place.

I love how hard she works sometimes with stellar results and sometimes with mediocre or less results. But she keeps trying.

I love how creative she is... even when it means a huge mess in the craft area downstairs.

I love how independent she can be... sometimes being a difficult child means you don't follow the crowd.

I love how adventurous she is... she'll try just about anything at least once.

I love how smart she is... scary smart, that is.

I love the pride she takes in her accomplishments. She's learning that hard work pays off.