What do you think of this?

DammitJanet

Not the NAACP race issue...its just the first article I actually found that explained the case.

I dont really think the pharmacist should be charged with murder myself. He is a retired Army veteran who now works in this pharmacy. He has these two idiot teens who come in armed to rob his store. He is legally armed in his state. While it may be considered overkill to go back and shoot the guy 5 more times when he was down...that is kind of 20/20 hindsight. In the heat of the moment it probably felt like combat to the poor man. When you hear him talk on TV he seems somewhat "simple". I wouldnt be surprised if his disability had something to do with a head injury. I really doubt he set out to kill someone that morning.

Now the people I think that should be charged with felony murder are the people who planned that robbery and sent teens in to commit the robbery and armed those two teens. Those people are moronic.

I think the pharmacist was only acting in self defense and I think the prosecutor will have a hard time finding 12 jurors who will find him guilty.

Lothlorien

I think that he will be aquitted. How is someone, who was shot at, supposed to have a clear mind within a 45 second time frame that this kid had a gun or not? He was not a trained police officer and even if he was, I don't know that he would have been able to distinguish whether or not he had a gun. The adrenaline rushes in and he did what he had to do. I feel bad that he is even charged and has to deal with the stress of it. I heard him speaking on the news, yesterday. He sounds like he has some kind of disability on top of it all (besides the back surgery).

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I HOPE he is acquitted.

It's got nothing to do with race, in my humble opinion. The man's life was being threatened by an ARMED robber. He was totally justified in using his weapon, and I think that anyone who is brazen enough to attempt an armed robbery deserves to have deadly force used against them. Period.

And I HOPE they get the adults who put the kids up to it and deliver a sentence worthy of the cowardly crime they committed.