What is it with Boys?

nvts

They rant and rave about how getting "hit in the nether regions" is as painful as giving birth (still want to know how they know!), yet they will rewind America's Funniest Home Videos" 2.6 BILLION times to laugh hysterically at it happening to someone else!

but then again, women can be pretty sick in my humble opinion!

What would possess grown women to go to a baby shower and talk incessantly about 20 hours of back labor, hemoroids, episiotomies, etc. to a young and nervous new "mother to be"?

And we call our kids difficult children...

Beth

Fran

Former desparate mom
I don't get women trying to terrify an expectant new mom either. I think it must make them feel special.

Lothlorien

That is kind of like asking what do women want in men? Or Why don't men put the toilet seat down?

I guess we are all closet sadists!:rofl:

Abbey

Spork Queen
I don't get women trying to terrify an expectant new mom either. I think it must make them feel special.

Being terrified is reserved to the point your water breaks and you have no options. You don't need to see thousands of others endure the pain before the fact. I know that is how I was with my daughter. I had her on my due date...wasn't scared, etc. She was #2. BUT, when my water broke, I went into panic mode. It's like #1 came flashing back in my mind. Ex always said he never knew why a woman would have a 2nd child after the first. :tongue:

Abbey

Star*

call 911........call 911
Well the ONLY thing I can tell the boys about getting hit in the nether regions is that if you're a girl, with shorter legs, and ride the neighbor boys 10 speed bicycle (the kind with the bar across) and miss the pedal?

You too could be falling over, grabbing your girly parts, crying in pain.....

I had 22 hours of labor -
I had 22" ankles with water weight and only had 1 baby
I've had 10 teeth pulled and gotten 5 dried sockets
I even pulled one of my own when I was 22 weeks pregnant
I've had metal in my eyes
I've cut and stitched my OWN fingers together
I broke my foot and slammed it in the door to set it
I broke the other foot 2 weeks later and the Left one was healing better than the doctor could set the Right one
I've been stepped on, rollled over on, kicked in the head, bit in the face by a horse, and kicked so hard it knocked me out
I've broken 2 mares
I beat cancer twice
I've cut the entire top of my scalp off going through a car windshield
I've been hit seven times by drunks and had to learn how to walk again
I've been burned with 1st, 2nd, 3rd degree burns over 65% of my body
I've lived through 2 house fires,
Ive lived through 2 tornados
I've lived through 2 floods
I lived through being married to Satan
I have a son that is 18 and acts like he's two -

and after all that - that stupid bicycle bar thought STILL gets the best of me - and I won't ride ANYTHING with a bar on it EVER again. :faint: NEV.....ER

nvts

OhhhhhKayyy! I vote that Star gets to be the Centerpiece at the next party that we throw!

You've been through it all girl!

Beth

PS: Evie pics on stand-by, I can't get the da*n things off my camera!

susiestar

Roll With It
WOW Star, if I ever need to know how ANYTHING feels I will ask you!

I actually never had the girly parts on a boys bike problem. And I am exceedingly short (in one state when I was a kid I was less than an inch from being considered handicapped by height alone. My cousin who IS short enough they classified her as handicapped had to fight to the state legislature to compete in high school gymnastics - and she was being considered for the Olympics at the time!)

Anyway, the boy thing can only be explained the way my mother does:

Testosterone.

Kills Brain Cells.

(just kidding, but it would explain a LOT.)

My mom also said that women DO have spherical accessories that come with bravery - but ours are up front, larger and closer to the brain! (ours even have special decorative clothing items made just for them!)

mstang67chic

Going Green
Oh yeah, the bike bar. Only thing....it was on MY bike. A GIRL'S bike. That's what happens though when you slam on the brakes and slide off that honking big banana seat. Yep...hit that bar dead center and walked funny for a week.

As for boys? It's genetic. Something about that Y chromosome. I think I read once that scietists actually discoverd a gene in it with some fancy Latin name that basically translated to dumb A**.

Last edited by a moderator:

nvts

See, I don't think there truly is a "y" chromosone - we have 2 x chromosomes and they have an x and a y, but in reality I think one of their x's just, well, broke!

Beth

KTMom91

I didn't understand the "dumb a** gene" (Mustang said it so beautifully) until Hubby and I got married. I only had Miss KT, and gaining an 18 year old Tony Hawk who falls down a lot and a 16 year old who is scientifically curious taught me so much.

The first summer we were married, Son #2 and his best friend were bored, and asked if they could blow up the melons growing wild in the side yard. I'm thinking...fine, go smash the melons, whatever. Miss KT goes out with them, and I hear explosions. They are putting Piccolo Petes into the melons and lighting them. Hubby gets home from work, flips out, and then I hear Son #2's voice, "But Mary SAID we could!"

And they don't grow out of it. Son #1, now 27, was skateboarding down a hill, clocked at 35 mph, when he fell. Fortunately, he doesn't need skin grafts, but the damage ain't pretty.

Last edited by a moderator:

susiestar

Roll With It
I love the Latin name that means dumb***! It explains things so well. As does having a broken x! That totally explains their fascination with all things Xbox and Xtreme. It helps them feel less broken!

Don't feel bad about the 27yo and his antics. My husband was 29 when he was at a Christmas party for a job he had. It was at a nice restaurant, alcohol was flowing copiously, they had nice candles on the table. But they had powdered creamer.

husband HAD to show everyone how powdered creamer explodes if you blow it into an open flame. Twenty years later the restaurant STILL uses liquid creamer!

He also went on a ski trip with people at another job. He was 40 then. Since he was a beginner, but a "natural athlete" he did a short tutorial on the bunny slope and hit one of the biggest slopes. He hit it after the sun had gone down and the snow was re-freezing. It ended with him doing a head over heels maneuver and then landing in a huge crash.

And then he wanted to go again the next weekend even though he could hardly walk!

Maybe the gene for common sense is on the part of the broken X that fell off?