What IS it with dogs and smelly things?

mstang67chic

Going Green
OMG...Chester......he...you...AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHH

That dog is going to be a dogcicle as soon as I get the guts up to go back outside and hose him down before his bath.

He had to have found the biggest, FRESHEST pile of cat poo and ROLLED in it.

One side of him is about 1/3 of nothing but cat poo. Plus, it's on his back, his tail...omg....get within 3 feet of him and you gag. I went out to get a picture of it (why, I don't know) and he SHOOK!!!! Little bits of cat poo were flying everywhere! His harness is covered in it. Which really hoovers because I'm going to have to tie him up so I can hose him down. Good thing I recently bought 2 pairs of those rubber cleaning gloves.

He may be outside for awhile because I'm soooooooo not up to this.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Yuck.

"Thanks" for txting me the picture... showed it to a bunch of people here and they wonder too what the heck it is with dogs & smelly stuff.

Make ya feel better? That's not as bad as watching to dog scarf up cat vomit.

mstang67chic

Going Green
Um...well when it comes to cleaning up anything that comes out of a body, human or animal...I'm a wuss. If the cat horks up something and the dog is willing to clean it up for me? Go for it. I'll be in the other room till you're done.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I wait till it's cold. Doesn't smell as much and I can get a paper towel and clean it up. When it's warm... EWWWWWWWWW...

mstang67chic

Going Green
The battle is done. For now. I scrounged around for something old to wear that would be ok to wash in hot water, went out with gloves on and tied him to the fence. Hosed him down best I could although I'm sure I got splash back when I set the sprayer on jet for his harness. (Had my hand behind it so the hard stream wouldn't hurt Chester). Carried him inside and deposited his ornery little behind in the shower. Lathered him within an inch of his life and once he got out and I towel dried him a bit, he took off through the house in a cat type fit.

The towel and my battle clothes are now in the wash on hot with probably twice as much detergent as I needed. :sick:

DammitJanet

Buddy isnt too bad about doing this...but we had a dog who used to go out and roll in the remains after Tony cleaned fish. OMG. Do you know how bad rotted fish guts smell?

Tony goes on deep sea fishing trips about twice a year so he brings home big coolers of fish and then cleans them down in the woods where he has this bench and running water. He throws the guts in a bucket then he tosses that out in the woods. The dog would go find that at some point. Ick Ick Ick.

DDD

Thank heavens we only have one pet. Ace, however, is enamoured with his own body.......particularly the smelly parts. :redface: He licks and licks and licks and licks. It drives us NUTS!

Yes, he has been to the vet and doesn't have worms etc. He's just a lick freak! GROSS! DDD

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
If it makes you feel any better, I have two disgusting dogs.

Rufus is like Ace and adores his own *manliness."

My sweet feminine little Chloe kept coming into the house with poop on the top of her head.

"How on earth are you getting poop on the top of your head?" asked I.

over and over it happened...

...and then one day I was standing at the window watching...

.....as Molly/Chelsea/Rufus (any and all) squatted to poop....there was sweet SHORT Chloe with her nose...

THERE!

Plop

Plop

...right on the top of her head until it bounced off her head to the ground.

:rofl:

Suz

Star*

call 911........call 911
I was just thinking -

It could be like Dude and his "cheap" cologne phase - where he would take about 45 minutes in the shower and then come out and marinate in about 1/2 a bottle of DOllar store Polo.

Not quite CatPoop delite - but almost as offensive. :sick:

donna723

:angel::angel::angel:

I can honestly say that my three pampered, refined, lady-like little darlings have NEVER rolled in cat poo! Never, not even once!

But given half a chance, they will EAT it! :sick: My girls are regular cat poo gourmets! Ragan prefers the more aromatic freshly deposited variety, while Katy has a fondness for the drier, crunchier kitty nuggets she finds in the grass - the day-old ones. Then they want to kiss me and lick my face! They are very sneaky about it too. They will casually walk along sniffing the grass like they're searching for the perfect place to pee. Then when they find the 'prize' hidden in the grass, they will actually pretend to be disinterested, then quick as a flash they will snatch it up!

Now just try to picture this ... a chubby 63 year old woman (me!) wrestling a very determined very strong muscular 27 lb. Boston to the ground, getting her in a head lock, then attempting to pry those iron jaws open and dislodge the offending kitty turd from her teeth with my fingers! I know I must put on quite a show for the neighbors! She sulks for hours if I take her kitty turds away before she can swallow them. But this is also why we have a standing appointment at the vet and buy worm medicine by the gallon jug!