What is it With Men? (Just for fun...NOT a nasty thread)

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
So I have been reading some of these posts about our DHs, and I've noticed that so many times the complaints are along similar lines...

Some of these posts by other members I know I could have written myself (especially stories about going to the store and buying everything EXCEPT what's on the list. Ugh! An ongoing battle in my home!). I've even been sharing some of these stories with my own husband - and his reply has been "Yep, sounds about right."

So what is it? What is the deal with men?

Why can't they be as perfect as the women who love them???

Any theories, explanations, (jokes) welcome....

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
The Y chromosome is defective, yet there is not a single research project going to fix that birth defect.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Oh, and I want to throw out there, even tho I don't have that defective chromosome, I am a dang far cry from any sort of perfect specimen. I am pretty sure the gene pool would have been just fine (possibly better) without mine in it.

DammitJanet

I wish I felt funny about mine right now. Mine is being snide and trying to use every bit of my "issues" to make me seem stupid or crazy. Even up to the point of telling me he has never been places with me that I know full well he has with me.

susiestar

Roll With It
Testosterone kills brain cells.

Men also have developed selective incompetance to a high art. They do jobs so half-a$$ed and poorly that we come in and clean up the mess and fix the problems. Then we don't ask them to do it again because it makes more work for us. My husband is a Supreme Grand Poo-Bah of the Selective Incompetance Lodge.

Sadly for him I am unable to go back over his work a lot of times and he has to LIVE with the results of his work. Or I give him constructive suggestions and ask him to do the job again and again until it gets done reasonably. I did NOT go and take over his defrosting job, nor did I let him push Jess to do so (he never expected or asked thank you to help him). I did offer some tools and ideas, but I left him to use them or ignore them. Mostly he ignored them. He just kept sitting pans of boiling water in the freezer. I usually take a hammer and screwdriver or chisel and c a r e f u l l y chip away at the ice, or use a hairdryer in addition to the water. If you aim the chisel so that if it slips it does not hit the shelf it does a fine job of breaking off big chunks of the ice. But he couldn't figure that out and for ONCE chose not to try it because he might break the cooling coils on the shelves. Thank God for that because we cannot afford to replace the freezer or the food inside it!

Marguerite

Susie, you do have to go very carefully if you take a chisel to the freezer ice. The hairdryer works well, though. The other trick is to spray the coils with cooking oil as soon as you're done, then next time you defrost, the ice falls off much more easily. Just re-do the cooking oil spray each time.

It's possible than your husband was aware of the greater risk if he used a chisel (blokes are stronger, sometimes hit the ice harder than they intended).

In our house, while I have defrosted the fridge, it is more often husband who does it. I just want to share that not all blokes are difficult child. It doesn't necessarily go hand in hand with a Y chromosome. And husband won't let me mow the lawn. Absolutely has refused to teach me how the mower works. Although he's not a chauvinist, he says mowing is not a woman's job. He did teach me how to use a welder, though. And the lathe.

Marg

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Just for the record, I'm not laughing about mine, either.

Right now, he's being just like I've posted about repeatedly.