What is it with school breaks and Beaner being sick?

tiredmommy

ILMS-

There are several illnesses circulating here including a stomach bug, strep, a bad cold with heavy congestion (but no fever) and influenza. I'm about an hour away from you, I'm sure you have the same bugs going around. Duckie may be going to the doctor tomorrow if she has a rough night tonight because she's been sick since February 2nd.

You have my sympathies.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Wee difficult child's been sick like, oh, maybe 3 times in his life. Puked 4 times ever, and one of those was induced. Another one was anxiety.

He was sick for 3 days last week with the latest bug. Must be a hot one to get to him.

mstang67chic

Going Green
Hugs! I know that's the last thing you need right now. I always hated being sick and especially when it was during breaks. I didn't even get to miss school! LOL

If it makes you feel any better, when I was in first or second grade, I infected half the grade (not class....GRADE) with the chicken pox. I didn't break out myself though till the last day of school before Christmas break. Made for some very interesting Christmas morning pictures! :itching:

busywend

Sorry to hear about Beaner being sick. difficult child used to cough until she threw up, too. It was always worrisome. The only thing that stopped her from coughing was PediaCare - I am not even sure they still make it in a cough syrup form. Using the humidifier helped, too.

tammyjh

Glad that he is feeling better. I was prone to bronchitis as a child...no fun. I hope he can enjoy the rest of his vacation from school.

tiredmommy

What medications did they give him? I'm curious because Duckie has what sounds like a similar illness. I'm glad he's feeling better.