What is the etiquette...

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
for using a public restroom, while another person is using said restroom AND is on their cell phone?

Flush? No flush? Wait? How strange.

trinityroyal

The etiquette is that it's totally rude for the other person to be using their cell phone in the washroom. I would say, you just get on with your business, whatever that business happens to be. The cell phone user should take it outside.

Yeesh.

Trinity

DammitJanet

I say do what you need to do. I use my cell everywhere and it wouldnt bother me. Billy uses his bluetooth and no one would know if he was on the phone or not.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
When I'm at work and I need to use the restroom, which is a public restroom, I flush when I'm finished and get on with my work day. If they have a call that is so important that they have to bring their phone into a stall, well, they get what they get! hahaha. I think it's gross, personally.

mstang67chic

Going Green
That's when you get creative. Make loud noises....groaning, grunting, etc. and then keep a noise stash with you. Something to make really disgusting bathroom noises....like...a squirt bottle big enough to spit out not only liquid but something that can plop like jelly beans or something. :devil:

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Love that. I figure it this way, no one goes to the bathroom with me! EWWWWWW how rude to the other person. So if someone else is on their phone, guess they have to wait thru the flush...

KTMom91

Make as much noise as possible. Sing a song, using the walls of the stall to maintain the beat. Flush at least twice. Tell yourself a joke and laugh hysterically. Talk to the soap dispenser.

I would say the etiquette calls for the person with the phone to say, "Hey, can I call you right back?"

gcvmom

Here we go again!
What Trinity said...

Absolutely inappropriate that the other person should be on their cell in that facility!!!

So flush away with all the enthusiasm you can muster :D

donna723

If someone is using a phone in a public bathroom, they should expect there to be normal 'bathroom noises'! Do they really think that everyone else is going to wait to flush (or anything else!) until they're done talking on the phone?!?! But I too would be tempted to carry on a little!

Have you ever walked into a public bathroom and there's someone in one of the stalls and they say something and you assume they are talking to YOU ... then you find out they're on the phone??? I think it's gross too!

witzend

husband works in IT, and sees men standing at the urinal doing their business while using their blackberries all of the time. Then they walk out without washing their hands. There's nothing he can say or do. And unless you want to take a chance on a confrontation, there's not much you can do.

husband was just always sure to carry antiseptic towelettes at all times. Everything always got thoroughly wiped down before he worked on it, then he went and washed his hands when he was done.

mstang67chic

Going Green
husband works in it, and sees men standing at the urinal doing their business while using their blackberries all of the time. Then they walk out without washing their hands. There's nothing he can say or do. And unless you want to take a chance on a confrontation, there's not much you can do.

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Its just uncanny how much Mstang and I think

OOooooooopffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffttttttttttttttttt

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalikeeeeeeeeee owwwwwwwwwwwwww

BOMBSSSSSSSSSSSS away....................

Wooooooooooooohoooooooooo pull my finger.........yeah.

I'm so sorry - if it's THAT important that you can't wait - someone had better be going for 911.