What is your definition of a Disney Dad?

SuZir

Suzir, no, she is talking about full size hockey rinks. I kid you not. Oh, yes. "With the goals too.

Wow, they have a big (and flat) yards. Full-size rinks are 200 feet long and 85 feet wide. Goals on the other hand are not expensive and can be used as a goals in many games (and yeah, we have one still.)

Star*

call 911........call 911
I started calling the x Daddy Disney - because -
1. we lived in florida
2. Disney is a fantasy place that pretends to provide good times at someone ELSES expense (usually one or the other parent)
3. My life was as wild as the Mad Hatters tea cup ride...round and round, never getting anywhere, but people seem to FLOCK there to try it.

In my definition Daddy Disney let Me work three jobs, keep an immaculate home, car, and child. I'd even get calls to come home from work to change diapers if he so chose to "USE" the baby to garner attention or sympathy. YUP - you figure out how to come home when you work 3 jobs so you don't get beat to a pulp and HAD a Nanny, but he wanted to use THAT money for crack.

THEN? He'd go smoke his crack, often times beating me unconscious for $20 I had put back for diapers or formula for OUR baby. Sometimes he'd stay gone for three days, sometimes for three weeks. When he would come home to "come Down" there was always the need for ANOTHER JUST $20 so that he could "Come down" from the crack and calm his nerves. Then he'd sleep for two maybe three days - and sometimes have withdrawls that no one should ever have to witness without medical knowledge. That last time I called 911 for him? In hind sight? - Never would have happened.

Also - when he would "come around" from being gone, and then come down....he'd need MONEY to go buy "THE KID" something - take him to McDonalds, then to the park, then to the Game room, THEN to the beach, and THEN there would be gas money, and food money ---and his list went on and on and on - but my paychecks did not and I could NOT take on a fourth job - to try and keep the rent up and lights on. Liar would be the least of the concerns here, but he was that, and just wanted to look like DISNEY LAND to our son - and for a split second I used to think he did it out of guilt /remorse. Then I realized that I was living with a psychopath/sociopath, who was a drunk, a druggie, had BiPolar (BP) disorder and was praying to his higher power ......with a soul-less body. His was gone. I believe he sold it for crack.

So when I think of Daddy Disney? THAT is what I meant/mean. I don't harbor any ill will any longer - but I don't want him near me or my family either. I have a life-time order of protection and Dude had his until he was 18. So much for that - but Dude DID find out on his own the reality of a worthless man, and someone who WANTED to call himself Father - but never behaved like one. Fathers do not sell their 4 year old for crack. But Disney will sell you a .50 bottle of water for $5.98 and tax.

Those are my thoughts.

DammitJanet

Well I never had a disney daddy but I can tell you what Disney Grandparents look like. See pictures of Tony and I. We are the spitting image....lol.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Grandparents are supposed to be that way Janet. It doesn't quite count. LOL (although parents are supposed to at least try to reign them in)