What is your dream job?

Parker

My dream job would have been a professional hockey player minus the political ****. Getting paid for staying in shape and playing sports.

At one other time it would have been a mountain guide.

Early on it would have been a forest ranger.

buddy

Parker, I think my son would love to hang out with you.....first he wants to be a NASCAR driver if not then a wrestler if not then a hockey player.

I dreamed forever of working in an orphanage in a third world country. I'm sure the reality would not be the same as my childhood dream, but I still would at least like to do a volunteer stint in a situation like that, probably Haiti.

If I could just redo my life and be anything? I'd probably work in adult education, especially English as a second language. I am considering getting an additional teaching cert. in that area when i can go back to work instead of working in Special Education. I used to volunteer doing that when in college and I loved it. The people I met and the amazing friendships....I really enjoyed that.

Parker

Parker, I think my son would love to hang out with you.....first he wants to be a NASCAR driver if not then a wrestler if not then a hockey player.

I dreamed forever of working in an orphanage in a third world country. I'm sure the reality would not be the same as my childhood dream, but I still would at least like to do a volunteer stint in a situation like that, probably Haiti.

If I could just redo my life and be anything? I'd probably work in adult education, especially English as a second language. I am considering getting an additional teaching cert. in that area when i can go back to work instead of working in Special Education. I used to volunteer doing that when in college and I loved it. The people I met and the amazing friendships....I really enjoyed that.

The dream of being a professional hockey player is that of many a Canadian boy....are you sure you're not Canadian? :D I have a certificate in Adult Education. I really enjoyed the course...there was a book by Stephen Brookfield titled "Critical Thought" that I got a lot out of. I recommend taking the course if ou're thinking about it.

SuZir

Hockey player? Much too much ice bags and knee, groin and shoulder operations in that.

Mountain guide sounds more like it already.

I could also go with my difficult child's dream job: ice cream taster.

But if I would need to choose again now, I would likely go with academic career, either in my current field or with something else. Meteorology would had been interesting, I think.

Californiablonde

My dream job would be a drug/alchohol counselor. Sorta tossing around the idea of going to school for it later on once the kiddos get older.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I am one of the lucky few who actually got to do my "dream job". All I ever wanted to be was a stay at home Mom.

It wasn't always so "dreamy" but most of the time I truly enjoyed it and knew how lucky I was.

Right now I'll just settle for a job that pays the bills and be thrilled. lol

Marguerite

I could never settle to just one dream. I did want to be a park ranger-naturalist at one point. Then I spent a stint working in laboratories. After that I was an editor then research assistant for a medical journal. I originally wanted to be a teacher but I'm glad that one never worked out, I would probably have been bad at it.

Now I'm a writer, but I use my science background too, in my writing. It really helps the research techniques! I'm also an activist - but that is not a career choice. I think I was born fighting officialdom...

Marg

Mattsmom277

Hmmm, it used to be a lawyer and/or advocate for at risk youth (street involved). I did get to do the latter, and it was a wonderful experience. Nowadays, I want to be a work from home book reviewer. Get paid to lounge at home in comfy jammies and curl up with a cup of chai and a stack of books. Now THAT would be purely divine! As of now, I have the job, minus the salary. Bummer

Star*

call 911........call 911
Matts mom - check the salary on Cat herders......I'm telling you if you learn to ride and rope a runaway Russian blue? You'd make enough money on the side to help all those street youth. :hi5: (immitates Gil Favor on Rawhide......HEAD 'Em up....MOooooooooove Em out)

svengandhi

I pretty much have my dream job. I'm a civil trial attorney and I love it. If I had to do something else, it would be children's Special Education advocate.

My truly dream job would be weight watchers instructor because that would mean I've actually lost weight!

Nancy

Svengandhi my husband is a criminal/civil trial attorney and loves it too. He's been doing it for many years and still says there is nothing he would rather be doing.

HMBgal

I'm lucky enough to have my dream job. I didn't get started at it until I was 48, but that's okay. I'm an adapted PE teacher by day, Zumba and Spinning instructor by evening and weekends, and active in my grandkids lives in between coming home from work and heading off to teach classes. I pick them up from school and play, do art projects, help with homework, make a nice snack for them, and just enjoy their company. Even the difficult child.

DammitJanet

I would probably enjoy being a lawyer but I dont have enough time for the schooling needed left in my life.

I got to do my dream job for a little while but I had no idea it was what would be my dream job...or at least part of what my dream job would be until I had it.

I was a fraud investigator for close to 5 years. I would have never known I had a calling in that area until I got the job. Now I would give anything to have that job back.

I would love to do something to be like a forensic fraud investigator. If they had the college classes back when I was in school for forensics like they do now, I would have been working for a CSI unit. I might not be able to be Abby on NCIS but I can investigate the heck out of cases. I have a nose for fraud. I would love to work for the Inspector General's office or Workman's comp or even the police investigating cases. Back when I was young you would have never convinced me I would have wanted to work with the police...lol. I went to college for accounting! I have never had a job using that degree.