What low cost activities would you do if you didn't work?

DammitJanet

That is true about going to community college...just thinking. I believe that after a certain age (and it may be 60) they let you go free. Or you can audit a class normally for free. Even if you have to pay, you most probably would qualify for a Pell Grant that would even give you back a little money each semester.

trinityroyal

MWM, try this site: It's called Meetup.com, and has information about interest groups all over the US and Canada. Type in your location, and the distance you're willing to travel. You can find groups based on various special interests. In my area, there are lots of knitting and crocheting groups, book clubs, photography clubs and such, for people who like to share hobbies.

:smile:[url]http://www.meetup.com/find/

[/URL]

BusynMember

Thanks again!

We don't have community colleges in Wisconsin. We have tech schools, and I checked but they don't have any over 50 or 60 classes. I'm not all that excited about going to school. I mean, I didn't like it the first time...lol. I'll probably pass on that, but thanks for bringing it up.

We are in a very small population community and I *have* c hecked out meetups, but there are exactly ZERO in ANYTHING I am interested in. Can't even find a dog loving group or a group that is into meditation, which is big for me. Right now, as things smooth out, I am enjoying the great woman in my Bible Study, I have my Al-Anon group, the Humane Society, Community Theater, and am still part time babysitting. I am finding out an interesting dynamic about myself: Although I have extremely poor social skills, I am happiest when I'm out and about with other people. I just need to restrain from seeking out the "differently wired" people who sometimes bully. I tend to be a good target for a bad bully...lol. Thursday I am going to a group that does rug hooking. The fact that I have very poor hand/eye coordination and have never been interested in or able to learn even how to knit isn't stopping me. Never too old to try very hard and possibly learn. I hear the ladies are very nice. I know a few from Bible Study and Community Theater. If only I can learn to do it...

We are going to do foster care next year...very young kids/special needs only. No teenagers. I'm done with that sort of drama. But we can't do it until we move to a more permanent residence. Also, both Sonic and Jumper will be gone by then and we'll have the room and the time to spend on one child who needs all our attention. That will zap up my time, if it goes through, but I still have almost a year to fill up and I get depressed with nothing to do.