What new shows are you watching this season?

flutterby

Fly away!
There are a lot of new ones out this year, aren't there?

I really like Outlaw with Jimmy Smits and I'm hooked on The Event. It should have to be on more than once a week. :) I was surprised to find that Hawaii 5-0 isn't too bad.

Does anyone know what's going on with Law & Order (the original?) I haven't seen it on yet this season. Is it coming back?

muttmeister

I started watching Blue Bloods with Tom Selleck and The Defenders. Neither one is bad but I probably won't continue with either as they are not as good as the books I usually read during that time. I watched BLEEP My Dad Says with William Shatner. I may or may not continue with that. I was excited about Hawaii 5-0 until I realized it was on at the same time as Castle. Gotta watch Castle. I don't watch a lot of TV so I'll probably just stick with my few usuals (Castle, NCIS, NCIS LA, CSI-the original, Big Bang Theory, and Masterpiece Mystery when it's on, and sometimes The Mentalist).

CrazyinVA

Staff member
The Event has caught my interest. It took me 3 episodes to get into it, but now I'm ready for it to keep going :) I also really like "Boardwalk Empire" on HBO. Not really into anything else new, it's all I can do to find time to watch the shows I already watch!

The original Law & Order ended last season, after a gazillion years. They've now got a new one that takes place in LA. I watched one episode, it was OK.

trinityroyal

The only new show I've started watching this season is Princess. Hosted by the same woman who used to do Til Debt Do Us Part, this is a similar format but this time they zero in on people whose debt stems more from a sense of entitlement than from simple cluelessness.

Other than that, I still watch my old standards: The Big Bang Theory, Heartbeat, The Royal, New Tricks, Waiting for God, Jeeves and Wooster, Rumpole of the Old Bailey...

KTMom91

Hawaii 5-O, Sister Wives...and keeping up with The Little Couple, the Duggars, Cake Boss, Bridezillas, Amazing Wedding Cakes, DWTS, Ghost Hunters, Ghost Adventures...I don't know. Lots of stuff. I like TV.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Desperate Housewives, (Dancing with the Stars-sometimes), Project Runway, Criminal Minds (which is now on opposite of Law and Order SVU-not happy about that), Glee (love that show).

Mattsmom277

Glad to see others are enjoying the Event. I think it's going to be really interesting and with tons of mystery and twists and turns. I'm still trying to figure out who I think "they" are, or "what" they are ...
Other than The Event, I haven't gotten into any new shows.

CrazyinVA

Staff member
Speaking of Project Runway.. is this not the most drama-filled, diva-filled season EVER?! :) I love that show. GO MONDO!

flutterby

Fly away!
I am so upset that Law & Order has been canceled. I didn't know! That was my absolute favorite show. I watch SVU and have watched the new one, but it's just not the same. Sigh.......

I have seen Blue Bloods and I'm not sure about it - it seems to move kind of slow. The Defenders is interesting, but I don't know if it will last.

I'm a drama show junkie. Reality shows always make me agitated and want to smack someone and I haven't found a sitcom in the last couple of years that I like.

DammitJanet

I hate they canceled the original Law and Order.

I watch...ok we have to go by day of the week...lol.

Monday: DWTS, Football, Hoarders,
Tuesdays: NCIS, NCIS LA, Parenthood
Wed: Issues with Jane Valez, Criminal Minds, Law and Order LA , DVR Law and Order SVU
Thursday: Bones, CSI, Mentalist or Apprentice
Friday: CSI NY, Outlaw
Saturday: Nascar or any show I managed to miss during the week that is on that night or a cable show I want to see such as Cake Boss,
Sunday...Football, football, football...or Nascar!

Star*

call 911........call 911
I Like
Mike and Molly,
Unnatural History
Sons of Anarchy (cant say why) - no really can't say why. Maybe Katy Sagal just being tough and cool? It sure isn't that Jax's baggy pants. UGH. SOMEONE WARDROBE? Bikers do NOT wear baggy britches.
The one with the family that has super Powers.....forget the name but I finally got to see a show from the beginning and NOW? I can't remember the name.

M

Mamaof5

My favies:

House (seen every episode including pilot from day one)
Lie To Me (seen every episode from day 1)
L&O: SVU
NCIS
CSI\CSI NY
Nurse Jackie

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I feel out of touch.

I don't watch much TV. Stems from when I was 14, got grounded and... well. Haven't watched much since. Got real into Dawson's Creek and the X-Files, and you know what happened there.

So I DVR the heck out of Modern Marvels on the History Channel, and watch as I have time. I just went through cleaning out tons of unwatched Degrassi, House and Criminal Minds (I think), as Onyxx will never have time to watch them all. I did leave some... But not many.

I also watch Hell's Kitchen with husband and some sci-fi something with an older Japanese gentleman who tries to figure out how to do certain things (like harnessing the power of a black hole).

LittleDudesMom

I'm watching two new ones - Boardwalk Empire and The Big C (both on cable). I'm watching one other show that is new to me, Project Runway - I love it! Never knew it was so great!

Sharon

Wiped Out

Staff member
CV-Yep definitely a drama filled diva season on Project Runway!! I'm not even sure who I want to win but I do like Mondo.
Sharon-Glad you are enjoying Project Runway:)