What Positive Things Did You Do Today?

seek

Today I did not do much - went shopping for food, did some organization - I feel pretty good, though, but tired. Feel that I can "take it easy."

Oh yeah, I ordered some stuff on Amazon (Prime day) . . . stuff I "needed." Ha ha.

Tonight I will make burritos and salad and then have a hot tub.

I feel like I am doing pretty well, given that I have no idea what is going on with my grandson (he becomes distant when things aren't going well) . . . Just a few days ago, everything was peachy, so it was another set-back for me, but I am doing better than usual so just wanted to share it.

I would like to hear what positive things others have done.

I intend to post regularly, as a way to establish new habits for myself and learn new ways of taking care of myself.

KTMom91

I didn't do much today but read and pet the animals. Tomorrow's project is to begin sorting clothes for donating. The local LGBT center is in need of clothing that is is good shape and current, so I want to see if we have anything appropriate. The director is a friend of mine (since high school), and he's done a great deal for the young people in the area.

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
Yesterday (and five days a week) I work as an executive admin at a steel company five miles from my home. I love my work and my job and am paid very well.

At lunchtime I ate at my desk and walked 2 miles with a friend. It was hot but we do it almost every day to keep the pounds off and in shape.

I took my dogs for a walk when I got home and then husband and I walked to a new restaurant near our home and had dinner. Came home and watched a show we like.

It was a good day.

This morning my husband left for Florida to see our Difficult Child who is in sober living. Sending mom's love.

seek

The main positive thing I did today was remain calm and reasonably sane.

I found out last night my grandson has been on a bender.

I had a dream about him this morning just before I woke up and he said he was going to rehab "in an instant."

I thought he was going today, but I texted his relative and she said he is going tomorrow - then she texted me a bunch of angry texts about him and her and the predicament and ended with an insult at me (which I did not take in).

I had seconds of worry, but was able to rally.

So . . .I did my normal day - took care of some business - I even messaged him and asked if he needed medical care - he said "no." I just needed to extend the idea that it might be necessary (don't know if it is).

I started worrying a little bit about his drinking and going to rehab tomorrow (if they would allow him in, basically - but I have pretty much let it go for now).

I also asked him to let me know when he checks in.

I am hoping all goes well, but am somewhat prepared if not.

I started looking online for trips to Hawaii. I don't have anyone to travel with, but really would like to go.

pigless in VA

I painted the bathroom. I've been avoiding that task for a long time, but I actually enjoyed doing it. I finished a flower bed that I 've been working on for about a week. I went fishing, but I didn't catch anything. We did see a river otter.

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
Seek

I know there are senior groups that travel together. couples, singles etc. Why don't you look into that? You could make some new friends too along the way!

ksm

I have boxed up three boxes of clothes to donate to our churches resale shop. They also give away to people with vouchers from a local organization.

I bagged up a sack of towels and giving it to the lady who grooms our cat.

I gave my son a box of the nicer towels for him. I think my older Difficult Child has made off with most his towels and never brings them back. She often goes to the river or lake...and things never makes it home. The past year has been a real eye opener for him. I don't think he ever realized how difficult it was to live with her. Very scattered. Lives in the moment. Forgets basic things, like putting the milk back in the fridge.

I made a hair appointment for me...next week...can't wait!

Mary

PiscesMom

Hi Seek, this is a great question and topic. It is all so traumatic and heartbreaking, but when trouble goes on for years, what does it do to us?
I went to a crystal-ly type store last week w my daughter, had a card reading, got smudged, got a pretty necklace, then we got sushi.
I decided to get rid of my diamond earrings from my bad ex husband - they are too status-y. I have been wearing them every single day for the past 18 years. I can't wait to get inexpensive, handmade gemstone stuff instead. Its my new vibe! :)

You sound like me, always wanting to know if they are ok, all the checking in, can I do anything to help, etc. It is all so tiring.

I also started cleaning my bedroom, throwing out stuff. I made my daughters clean a bunch, and I did too. I am not the strictest mom, but I got fed up. Now the house is clean, and I am feeling sort of peaceful and happy.

I am also starting to do Mint, so my finances are in order.

Oh and I also started seeing a therapist for anxiety as well as taking a low dose of anti anxiety medicine.

So I am feeling a bit positive, I really am.I want to stay that way. I am a highly sensitive introvert as well.

seek

RN: Have been seeking a travel companion - so far no luck.

PiscesMom: I also have Pisces rising and my grandson is Pisces sun, so there is a lot of sensitivity there. I can't stop crying today, but I am posting more negative stuff on another thread. In the middle of the day for me - just cleaning up, am going to take my dog for a walk at the beach.

I love crystals - you are very smart to get rid of the earrings with the bad mojo from your ex! What is "Mint?"

Yes. I am always checking to make sure he's okay, and after all my checking, I never could accomplish that goal because it's his life.

He did tell me he thought he would not be alive if it were not for all of the prayers that people have done on his behalf.

Back to my day . . .

seek

Oh, and I smudge constantly. When he was here, every time he left briefly, I smudged. It's hard to smudge yourself, but it's the intention.

Was it a good reading, PiscesMom?

PiscesMom

hi seek,
Yes, I have sun and moon in Pisces. I am very sensitive! I use a half teaspoon of laundry detergent and double rinse w a little vinegar so I don't itch. And emotions are always kind of out of control. So I am really wanting to feel peaceful and secure. My oldest daughter is a Cancer. My special needs kids both are Capricorn, so its beyond tough. If that is all true, that is. ? Sounds like you and your grandson are close, deep down?
Mint is this online budgeting tool - kind of scary - you put all your financial info in it, and it budgets, tells you when bills are due, reprimands you for spending too much on X, whatever. I think it is an app. I am afraid of it, and I am afraid to look at finances. But I want to be in control of my money.
I never smudged before, but its oddly hugely relaxing. The reading was pretty good - of course I got into crying about my kids. She wanted me to get in touch with who I was before, before my life was taken over so long ago. That is kind of how I feel about my ex, like he charmed me, wined and dined me, and I lost myself so many years ago, lost the trajectory of my life, and then all of this, my son and his behavior especially. She wanted me to have friends, but I told her I have no energy for that. I have never been very social, and maybe with all these issues, even less so, but maybe it is just how I am wired? I told her I was going to NAMI and my daughter's school's parent group, and she was happy about that.
They are having a class on stones and crystals and I think I will go. Sounds fun!
Often I wonder if a more tough, matter of fact type of temperament would be better for parenting these kids, but my oldest daughter says she wouldn't have survived her teen years if I was any different. Who knows? I ruminate a lot, blame myself a lot, so this positive stuff is helpful.

seek

so interesting! I love that the reader told you to connect with your true self - what a wonderful gift that was (and that you connected with it). yes, being super-sensitive is very challenging and we have to guard our energy (I believe) . . . there are lots of rituals for grounding and protecting, which is crucial.

I need water (to live near it and use it to heal, as in Epsom salts baths, hot tubs, etc.). water is important for pisces.

and yes, sage-ing changes the energy - there have been studies that measure something (I forget what!) :)

seek

I took my little pooch to the beach today and sat and looked at the ocean and the surfers and took some pics. it helped a lot. I had a ptsd response today (toxic energy in the body from the trauma - feels terrible).

treated myself to thai food (yellow veggie curry with brown rice and some pot stickers - delicious).

PiscesMom

Yes, I go to the beach and collect rocks for my rock bed by my house. Its lovely. My old neighbor used to say the ocean heals trauma. We have bunnies - the girls and I dream of winning the lottery, getting a bigger house and creating an indoor "meadow" for the bunnies. :)
I only buy tickets once a year or so.

BusynMember

I meditate in guided meditations to spirit and higher self. Quieting my mind is soooo peaceful. I also love to spend time with my doggies. Hub and I relax together. Heis my rock. Plan, dream, do.

These are things I do to feel in harmony. I have learned to stop and smell the roses. It is very calming to slow down, in thought especially.

I try this every day.

PiscesMom

I want to get into that practice, SOT. Do you have any good ideas on how to start, like a time of day you use, etc. Even before, when things were "normal" I still was anxious and not really grounded.

seek

it's best to set aside time every morning - even 15 minutes. light a candle, if you like that, just sit and breathe and watch the candle flame . . . just that is a wonderful start.

seek

I love making candles. what a fun thing to do with your daughter. I made my most recent batch with really cute tea cups from thrift stores - used bee's wax - added essential oils. just drop a string in and that was it! amazing.