What should I ask them to get Beaner????

F

flutterbee

I think you should ask for what you posted here. I don't know how it works - if a family or business 'adopts' a family for the holidays or if the Salvation Army just collects toys and distributes them - but either way, they will be able to discern what can or can't be done.

Where I used to work, we 'adopted' a family every year at the holidays. Then, each employee that wanted to participate would decide what they would purchase from each child's wish list and we would mark our name down next to that item. That way, the kids got most of the items asked for. But, that was run through a different program than the Salvation Army.

goldenguru

Ask for gift cards from Old Navy or Target.

Or specific toy items. Just be sure they can be obtained from local retailers. Some people may not be able to do internet shopping - since lots of elderly often contribute to the Salvation Army Christmases.

SRL

Just put down what you listed here. We switched our Christmas giving over to Salvation Army because they did seek to meet specific requests of families instead of giving random gifts.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Guess I wouldn't worry about being too greedy, they will give you what they can....I'm not familiar with the program, but your list(what you have written here) doesn't sound outlandish....I think it is wise to be specific about your wants...I would think they wouldn't be excited about giving a gift that isn't going to be used.....