What the Bleep Is Wrong With This Family?

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
K took the kids to the pediatrician doctor. Now this wasn't her reg pediatrician doctor. Reg pediatrician doctor is currently overseas and will be until Jan.

pediatrician doctor doesn't think either Alex or Evan is autistic, thinks Alex may have some minor sensory issues. Ok. Sure. So K basically got poo poo again. Although she's already planning a 2nd opinion with the reg pediatrician doctor as soon as she gets back into town. (she has to have the referral)

doctor thinks Alex has a serious problem with his heart. She pointed out to K the way he almost always is gasping for breath. K thought it was because he was always moving and never thought much about it. So he's being sent to a cardiologist asap. :surprise:

I am just shaking my head. What the heck is up with our gene pool in this family?? K is blaming herself and in a panic.

I am so hoping and praying this doctor is wrong. But I guess from listening to his heart, watching him breathe, and such she really thinks it's serious.

But wouldn't it have been picked up before the age of 7? I mean, docs listen to their hearts all the time. (or do here)

:censored2:

Please offer up a prayer if you would.

Thank you.

nvts

Lisa! She needs to call medicaid now. She's being jerked around with this diagnostic thing with the autism issues. Early intervention can be started without the pediatrician's referral or authorization for the baby.

Let her go to the cardiologist and get some peace of mind. He could have allegies that are making it hard to breathe.

I'll get the beads out!

Beth

F

flutterbee

What the heck is up with our gene pool in this family??

As my mom says to me, "Who p'ed in your gene pool?"

Prayers going up. Keep us posted.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fran

Former desparate mom
Getting his heart checked out quickly trumps the developmental delay evaluation. It's a worry.
Poor kid. How scary.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Daisy,

I think if I had to I would find a cardiologist on my own and take him.

I am so sorry for your grandson.....Hope K is holding up well.

Hugs

susiestar

Roll With It
The cardiac issues are a great worry. I remember when they did an EKG incorrectly on Jessie and had us thinking she would drop dead at any moment. It was terrifying (I was shopping online for a portable defibrillator) and we had to have the doctor's office PUSH the pediatrician cardiologist to get us in for an appointment.

K needs to get the doctor's office to PUSH for the appointment. This is just too scarey to put off. I know how hard it is to get the bills paid, but it is urgent.

Tell K to be SURE that it is a pediatric cardio who does the testing - people who are used to testing adults can often get the leads put on in the wrong places on children.

Hugs and I am keeping all of you in my prayers.

Susie

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Never ends does it? The heart is more important, get it checked out. Try not to let it all build up and stress you out too much.
Sorry, hang in there.