What the...?!?!?!

L

Liahona

Imagine what it would be like for our kids. 'Sorry you can't get this job. I just looked at the database and saw your behavior book from second grade. I don't think your personality would mesh with the others in the company."

They might have good intentions starting it up, but there are way to many things that will go wrong with it.

slsh

member since 1999
I am absolutely *gobsmacked*!!! This is just such a blatant invasion of privacy - no way do I want any of my kids' info on a database, much less my sped kids'. Honestly - I worry about where common sense has gone.

I also have to wonder if HIPAA violations are going to come into play here - they're releasing info on "learning disabilities", but I sincerely doubt they're going to draw a line at medical diagnoses (esp when you consider that some kids only have medical diagnoses listed on IEP, i.e. Boo).

This really *really* bothers me.

susiestar

Roll With It
I wonder if this has anything to do with the 1-6 calls PER DAY with various high pressure pitches for internet 'schools' for J?? Started a few weeks ago and they come to the home phone and my cell and I have had to get UGLY with the "Do NOT call or I will report you to the FCC for harassment" routine to get them to stop calling.

This is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE. You can compile shopping data on me, census data, etc... but NOT my kids educational data and medical data. There is NO WAY this will not violate my children's right to privacy.

It is time for parents to organize and scream NO WAY to our school districts.

I have been wracking my brain trying to figure out how these people got our info, esp on J's seizures because several companies that called said they have special programs for online classes for children with seizures. NO WAY they got taht info from us.

susiestar

Roll With It
I have sent emails to the jr high and middle school principals and the superintendent. I can believe people who want the info but have no right to it think it is a great idea, but in my opinion it is one of the worst ideas I have heard of in a long time. There is a REASON census data is kept private for 70 years and this is FAR more invasive than the census. If I learn that the school district is the reason for all the calls about schools for J, I will sue the district. I don't want to, too much hassle and it will damage the school system here, which in general is very good. But I won't let this slide.

JJJ

I like the idea of personalized learning modules BUT this way is wrong wrong wrong.

if they developed the software, then sell the software to the school districts to be used on their in-house servers. NO NEED to give student info to these companies.

HaoZi

CD Hall of Fame
Far too invasive to be allowed, I don't even understand how schools can use this without allowing parents to opt out.