What type of inexpensive coffee pot makes the best coffee?

BusynMember

I think I've had it with Mr. Coffee, but maybe I just get the wrong ones. I like my coffee HOT and easy to brew. What is your favorite kind of coffee pot, say, up to $60? I don't like the Keurigs, but they're more money than that anyway.

My Mr. Coffee's keep going bad fast...

svengandhi

We boil water in a regular pot. Then, I give H a strainer and a Chinese food quart container. He puts the strainer in the soup container, lines it with a piece of paper towel, puts in some coffee and then pours water over it. Voila, fresh brewed coffee. I won a Keurig in a raffle 6 months ago and I haven't even opened it yet.

Kathy813

Staff member
I didn't think that I would like a Keurig but boy was I wrong. We have had one for two years now and I would replace it in a heartbeat if it stopped working. Fresh, hot coffee in a minute with no leftover wasted coffee. I buy the Kirkland brand pods at Costco.

Before that I had a Mr. Coffee and was always pouring out leftover coffee. It made good coffee, though.

~Kathy

BusynMember

Hmmmmmmm....I might try the Keurig again. My friend has one. I like the idea of fresh hot coffee each time and no waste...

The other method is too complicated for me. I want to do it fast and I usually want my coffee NOW :)

DammitJanet

We had a Keurig until it bought the dust due to...uhh, you guessed it...Buck overused it. The normal ones you buy at the store arent meant to be used continuously for hours on end. I mean he would make 8 to 10 cups of coffee back to back without giving it a rest.

We got a knock off at Big Lots that makes just one cup but doesnt use the little K cups. I dont drink coffee so its only Tony and its perfect for just one. Normally in the morning he makes two cups back to back to drink before he leaves. I think it was 15 to 20 bucks.

witzend

The Mr. Coffee was fine for me when I was getting up at a regular time. I want my coffee right this very second when I get up. But once I stopped working and taking kids to school, I started sleeping until I wanted to get up. Then I'd wake up to a two hour old pot of coffee, half of which I was throwing away anyway because I couldn't get the proportions right to make just one cup that tasted "right".

Keurig it is. Get up, walk to the kitchen, push a button, one fresh cup of coffee the perfect size and flavor for me. I have my favorite organic coffee in biodegradable pods delivered to the house free from Costco twice a year, and pay about 1/3 what I would in a regular store.

MWM, if you shopped it right and got the right model, you could get a Keurig for not much more than $80. Black Friday isn't so far away...