What was I thinking?

Wiped Out

Staff member
Argh!! I don't know why but I've scheduled two major events this week in my classroom. The first is tomorrow. We are having a Colonial Fair. It will be a ton of fun but it is more than exhausting. We've been working on it for about a month and a half. Tomorrow other classrooms will come into the 4/5 classrooms to see our skits. In my room the kids are performing somewhat impromptu skits. They are set up in stations and have to involve the audience members. The stations include Colonial Foods, Colonial Fun and Games, Colonial Trades, Colonial Crime and Punishment, and The Salem Witch Hunts. The kids will be in costume and have to pretend they are in the Colonial period.

Then for Wednesday I scheduled cooking in math class. We are having a complete lunch with two appetizers, two desserts, a salad, a drink, and a main course. It's the culmination of our measuring and fraction unit. It too will be fun but exhausting.

Someone tell why I was crazy enough to schedule both for the same week?

keista

Because you're an awesome teacher. When I was a student, i loved "busy" weeks like that! So much interesting stuff and very little boring "regular" learning.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Because you're the best teacher ever! (imagine how they're bragging on how much fun you are to the other kids lol )

But I have a feeling you'll be relieved come next weekend.

InsaneCdn

Not just two in one week, but back-to-back without a couple days in between?!

Obviously, you love this stuff as much as the kids do... but, 10 years ago, you did it without thinking. Now... you don't quite have the "two spare gas tanks" you used to have...

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
So when it's over you can revel in the joy and glow of your students, knowing you give it your all, to make learning fun and interesting for them!

And so that when this week is over, you can fully enjoy the weekend!

DammitJanet

Must be so hard for you guys out west to do all the Colonial stuff. In VA we just took field trips...lol. I cant remember how many times we went to Williamsburg and Jamestown.

busywend

Um...you were not thinking clearly. Obviously. But, you will get through it and it will be just as memorable & successful as the last bazillion times you have done these! Right? Right!

Good luck! Remember, the weekend WILL get here!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Thanks Ladies! Day 1 is done. Colonial Fair was a success! Ready for sleep but it is only 5:00. Cooking day tomorrow. I will survive, I will survive, I will survive...

InsaneCdn

Sending you as much cyber-energy as will fit across the wires... set to "all-night transmission"... so it might be a trickle-charge, but it adds up. <grin>

Wiped Out

Staff member
Wahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cooking day is over and it was a blast. Need Sleep Now!!

by the way, TM-I wish I did have Duckie in class:)