Whats a starting dose..?

Aliciav78

My 10yo is almost 100 lbs. He takes byendril for bed now. As the doctor has said to do this to try and help him get to sleep. Well we have been doing this for 2 mo and it don't work any more. I am thinking about starting Melatonin but unsure if it is safe for my 10yo. and how much to give him.. Bed time is a tough time in our house.. it takes my difficult child 2-3 hours to fall asleep...

Lothlorien

We have fairly disastrous effects from Benedryl and I've heard other say this, as well. There have been medical studies that show children can have behavioral problems with Benedryl for up to 2 or 3 days after stopping Benedryl. If it's not working, stop using it.

My daughter is 8 1/2.(about 80 pounds) I don't need to give it to her often, but when needed, we give her 3 mg. You might be able to find them in a 2mg dose. I've heard of others starting with that.

Is he on other medications?

Aliciav78

Thank you, I gave him a 3mg at 7pm and 8pm he was out. I got up at 5.45 and he was already up.. He looked good and awake.. He told me he got up at 1 I cant belive him (because he lies to us so much) but he did get a good nights rest. So thanks again.