What's Conduct Disorders, mom?

Kathy813

Staff member
I have always been very careful to keep this site from my difficult child. Well, last night, she came over for help on her statistics project and plopped on my bed. I forgot that I had been looking at the site and difficult child looked at my laptop and said, "What is Conduct Disorders, Mom?"

I was proud at how quickly I covered myself. My reply was, "Oh, they have an awesome forum on special education which has a lot of information on special education laws. I have used a lot of what I have learned in my inclusion classes. In fact, I even got the idea for my Ed.S research paper from parents on the site."

Then I quickly clicked on the Special Education forum to show her what I was talking about but she lost interest and went back to working on her PowerPoint.

Pretty quick thinking, huh? And I didn't even lie one little bit.

:rofl:

I just neglected to mention the other forums that pertain to her.

~Kathy

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Very nice. My difficult child came upon it one day and now whenever she pulls something she tells me to "go on line to your little website and tell everyone in the world how horrible I am now!"

I always just laugh because that is such a difficult child thing to say, isn't it? I did tell her initially that being a difficult child is actually a compliment but she said, "No it really isn't, mom. It's like telling a person who is retarded that he's 'special'."

Can't win with her.

My nephew (difficult child) refers to himself, my difficult child, and most of our family as difficult child's now. That is really funny to me.

But you're quick!

witzend

Well, Jo, I kind of have to agree with your difficult child. It is nice to be considered a gift from god, but then again, I always found God to have a different sense of humor than mine. :wink:

OMG! At the moment I am on easy child's computer, he came in and said, "What does that say? Conduct Disorders? What are you doing?" I went right to the watercooler and said, "Look, people just talk about whatever they want." I showed him Esther was feeling better and he lost complete interest. LOL-Alyssa

PonyGirl

Warrior Parent
My difficult child knows about the site, because he's had some contact with antsmom and ant. I have explained the "Gift from God" concept to him. He's never visited the site.

easy child knows about the site, and often will refer to himself as easy child. Usually when he wants something, or when he may be teetering on the edge of acceptable behavior. He'll get a gleam in his eye and say, "But Mom! I'm your easy child!!"
:hammer:

Very nice save, Kathy. :wink:

Peace

DDD

Both my boys "know" the site and really resent the time I give
to "my little friends on the computer". LOL.

My response has been simple. "I spend all my time working at the store, working in the kitchen fixing what you all want and need, working on the laundry and the house for you guys...I do
NOT have time to make friends in our community. These friends
are kind, understanding, funny,loyal and extremely bright and
helpful. They are MINE....so stay away unless I invite you to
meet one of them."

They both decided that if my CD friends are like Sunny...then they can understand. Both boys like Sunny after meeting her in
person. Gee, like I need their approval! DDD

Star*

call 911........call 911
Brilliant -

My difficult child knew about this site and still remembers the members by name. So he's wise to the fact that I'm in a continual "education" mode by coming here.

Your response to hide it - was really too clever!

Kudos

Sue C

Well, neither of my daughters know about the forum and I have been here from the start (and on the Board which led into this one), so we are talking 10(?) years.

However, a few years ago, Melissa pointed to a shelf of books in my bedroom and asked, "Are those books about me?" I answered, "YES!!!" The book titles are: The Defiant Child, Parent in Control, Parenting the Difficult Child, Living with a Challenging Child, Love Must be Tough, and Boundaries with Kids.

p.s. Sometimes when I did want to tell the girls something that someone responded to in my post, I would refer to "the parent website I visit."

Sue