What's for Dinner?

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Last night I had broccoli cheddar soup at Paneras with french bread. Later H and I split a piece of some peach-blueberry pie I made.

The night before we had pizza with cherry hot peppers - yum, my favorite.

The night before that, easy child made 3 cheese mac and cheese with a salad.

The night before that I made kielbasa and pierogis with a big salad.

The night before that I made oven roasted root veggies, shrimp cocktail, and something else, but I can't remember.

TONIGHT I am making oven baked cheesy chicken cutlets and serving them with some steamed asparagus and brown rice and as always, a salad. I may even make some popovers for H (he loves bread).

And tomorrow I am making a big crockpot of my ex-mother in law's secret recipe sausage and peppers and will serve that with italian bread and salad.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
BBQ Pork steaks & Corn-on-the-cob last night. difficult child 2 doesn't like BBQ so since he was with BM, difficult child 1 and I went to town. Leftovers, too!

Wednesday night was garlic chicken & rice. Monday was pizza and difficult child 1 and I scrounged Tuesday - cold spaghettios right out of the can - YUMMY! (My Mom never let me have them as a child...)

Tonight will be leftovers!

I'll probably do pork loin & sauerkraut Sunday evening. difficult child 2 doesn't like sauerkraut, but he will learn. He's already getting better about it.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Ohhhh...Paneras...We don't have one here.:not_fair:

Abbey

You are missing out on something great to be sure!

You know what store I would LOVE to have closer to my home? A Whole Foods Market. We have one that's about 25 minutes away, but I would so rather shop there than at our local grocers!

Abbey

Spork Queen
I LOVE Whole Foods, but they are so expensive. I'd only shop there when they were the only store that carried a particular item. We had a huge one just down the street from where I lived in Vegas. Very popular store.

Abbey

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Whole Foods is nothing but trouble!
I go in there and just hand them my wallet. LOL

I supplement by going to Trader Joes and we have a store called Sunflower Market, it is like a low budge Whole Foods!
They are, I think, in Colorado and a few states around us.
It is always chaotic in the store. Like Trader Joes. But they are cheap and lots of organic and good fresh fish, meat and produce.

Oh and great Beer and wine selection. As well as vitamins.

You guys are making me hungry and it is only 10:30 here!

I love sauerkraut, I never make it though, I should try something out.

sausage, egg and cheese on a Thomas' english muffin
homemade belguim waffles topped with strawberries and whipped cream

Im not eating that, maybe a salad? or maybe I'll be bad and have a waffle

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I love whole foods, but they are pricey. I mostly love being able to find hard to find organic fresh foods. And we buy our vitamins there because they are the only ones who carry H's brand. We sometimes go there for dinner or lunch though. Their pizza is great and so are their desserts! Also, they often have samples of cool items as you walk around!

SRL

And tomorrow I am making a big crockpot of my ex-mother in law's secret recipe sausage and peppers and will serve that with italian bread and salad.

Since she's your ex mother in law, are you sharing her secret? ;)

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Since she's your ex mother in law, are you sharing her secret? ;)

I didn't realize it was a secret until I walked in on ex-mother in law stashing the jars in the bottom of the garbage! She swore me to secrecy. Then, at difficult child's graduation party I made it and ex-brother in law told me "This tastes like my mom's" and it was then that I told him it was her 'recipe'. He said even he didn't have the recipe! He was appalled that I knew it and niether he nor his siblings didn't! Hahaha.

And you're not even going to believe how simple it is. Okay, here goes:

2 LARGE jars of "traditional" Ragu spagettie sauce
1-2 Large sweet onions
3-4 large bell peppers (I use varied colors)
2-3 packages of italian sausages (hot and sweet)

Saute onions in olive oil till just tender, add cleaned and cut up peppers (don't cut up peppers too small or they will melt away). Meanwhile, cook cut up sausages in a small bit of water in a separate pan till mostly cooked; drain (and I also rinse grease off) and then add to veggies. Finally, add the sauce and then allow everything to cook itself into perfect deliciousness. Serve with italian bread and salad. I will eat it after it has cooked for about an hour, but it's way better the next day. Alternatively, you can throw it all into the crockpot in the AM and let it cook all day - perfection. Really, this is everyone's favorite meal.

totoro

Jo my mother in law will love this! I can do this with Meatballs... from Costco or Trader Joes!

muttmeister

All of your stuff sounds great. I have been dieting: cereal for breakfast, V-8 for lunch, and a Lean Cuisine or something similar for dinner. So today a did lots of yardwork so I barbequed a SMALL steak and smothered it in mushrooms and had a SMALL baked potato with plain yogurt on it. Don't think it will hurt the diet too much. I will probably be sick because I usually eat vegetarian but I've been too lazy to cook lately so the frozen diet dinners were the best plan I could come up with.

totoro

Muttmeister I try to eat eat meat or fish only a couple of times a week.

The tomato flat bread meal was veggie and good.
Today I made this sandwich for lunch which could also be a dinner with salad.
Whole grain bread brushed with a tiny bit of olive oil, rubbed with a half of a garlic.
Then you put about 1oz of brie or any soft cheese. I bought a tiny brie and will use the rest for some other treat!

Spread one side with whole grain mustard.
Put about 1/3 cup of arugula or spinach or both.
Top with really good tomatoes I used yellow.

Then grill on both sides! Or use a panina press.
I served these for lunch with fruit salad.
They were great!

Both are lo-cal. They are from cooking light online.