What's for Easter Dinner?

SRL

Easter is at my house this year and while I don't have to do anything beyond meat and potatoes, I love the excuse to bring something new to the table.

I tried this frosted lemon gelatin salad recipe from an old Taste of Home magazine yesterday and we loved it. I was a little skeptical of yet another jello with pineapple recipe but this one seemed fresh and springy. I'm definitely going to make this.

http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Frosted-Pineapple-Lemon-Gelatin

What's cooking at your house.

crazymama30

I have to work easter sunday, and husband seems to have forgotten how to cook (seems funny as he taught me after we met!) so who knows. Usually he makes chili, grilled cheese, or bbq'd chicken legs.

Not very eastery. Oh well.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
H and I will be traveling back from visiting my Mom on Easter Sunday so I don't know what we will be eating. It's likely that easy child will go to her boyfriend's house and difficult child may be with us or not, not sure yet.

easy child was so upset when she learned we wouldn't be home Easter morning as she was looking forward to the traditional Easter morning egg hunt (yes, we still do this!). Oh well, I have to go see my Mom. Wish I had the Monday off so we could stay for dinner at my sister's.

jal

I haven't even given it a thought. Usually it is ham, home made au gratin potatoes, doctored up fresh green beans and croissants. OK, now I am hungry!

K

Kjs

I work. But...easy child and husband can really cook good together. Bet I'll just buy a ham and husband will make potatoes and beans.

everywoman

I am going to NY for Easter. Jana and I will leave here Thursday night and get home sometime on Monday. The boys are all a little tiffed at me for not being here. They will live through it!

Andy

We will most likely have Easter Dinner on Saturday afternoon before heading back from sister in law's home. husband has to usher in church Easter morning or we would stay down there.

I think Diva talks about not coming down with us. :( That stubborn, "I will be independent and not spend holidays with my family" attitude. So, I am a little glad to be back on Easter.

I still do the Easter Basket - don't hide many eggs. Diva can color them while we are gone. I have already boughten the baskets and items. Usually I put them on the kid's beds if we would be gone. Now I will hide them - except I think I can still put them on their beds while they sleep? Though this year I have puppy to consider keeping candy up. Best if I just eat the chocolate and throw the other candy away? :) Sure that would go over well - NOT!

I would like to go to a Easter buffet but they tend to get expensive and overly crowded - not a nice atmosphere at all when you are trying to get your turn at the buffet. So, I am sure we will do something simple at home. sister in law will send home leftovers. Maybe I will leave some money with Diva to find a salad recipie and go shopping for it?

Fran

Former desparate mom
We are doing something different this year. We are heading down to Florida to visit with easy child. Depending on his work schedule we will either eat out for dinner or do a brunch before we all head home. It will be nice to see his apartment and spend some time with him.

I do like your recipe SRL. Sounds really refreshing.

DammitJanet

My entire family is heading to Jamies...yes Cory, Tony, Mandy, Keyana, Billy...even a neighbor kid...the whole shebang....are going north. I am staying home alone!!!

Gosh how relaxing that sounds.....lol. I will have something easy for easter...say cereal, a microwave dinner, corndogs...something like that. Im not cooking all weekend. Not unless I really want to! Im not doing anything if I dont want to!!!

muttmeister

Older difficult child is having a lot of friends at his house and grandma and I are invited the next week so I thought we'd do it the easy way and go out and eat but now younger difficult child is saying he doesn't want to go to older difficult child's house as he doesn't like some of their friends so I suppose I will have him and his wife and the 3 grandkids here. One good thing about holiday dinners in our family is that you never have to wonder what to fix: it is the same every year.
Easter means a boiled picnic ham, au gratin potatoes, asparagus, deviled eggs, a jello salad of some kind, hot rolls, and individual cheesecakes smothered in fresh strawberries.

trinityroyal

Easter dinner will be at my mother in law's this year, as usual. brother in law usually cooks a turkey. He has the most wonderful recipe. Always golden brown and crisp skin, and tender succulent meat. One of these years I'm going to ask him for the recipe.

The rest of us will pitch in and make vegetables, salads and the like, and I think I will make something special for dessert.

I might keep it simple and just bake a vanilla layer cake. Then I can have lots of fun with decorating it in Easter colours.

This year, rather than an egg hunt, I think Little easy child and I will colour hard-boiled eggs. I used to do that with my Grannie when I was little and it was always delightful. We would dye them, paint and decorate them, and have a wonderful time.

Oooohh. I'm starting to get excited!

Trinity