.What's on the menu

goldenguru

Christmas Eve was finger foods. LOTS of finger foods.

Christmas brunch was a sausage egg bake, orange sweet rolls and fruit salad.

Christmas dinner was glazed ham, cheezy potatoes, sugar beans and a variety of yummy desserts.

Bedtime snack was 3 Rolaids.

Diet today. Gosh I ate enough the last two days to feed a family of 5.

Tis the Season.

Feast of the Seven Fishes, as planned.

Getting the seven into the sauce found us with: clams, oysters, cod, shrimp, squid, scallop, and an octopus tentacle.

A big one.

Eeewwhh....

It made a great sauce, though!

:smile:

Barbara

tiredmommy

I made beef stew in the crock pot for Christmas Eve. I stopped doing a fancy meal that day because we go to the early service with Duckie and we are a little busy setting up later.
For Christmas:
honey baked spiral ham
cheesy mashed potatoes
glazed carrots
rigatoni with-sausage and smothered in mozzarella & sauce
various hor'dourves
Christmas cookies and banana bread for dessert.

Marguerite

We had Christmas with easy child & BF1. He did all the cooking, he's good at it too, but made far too much.

Christmas Eve - he served us some home-made pork and apple pies, and lamb pies when we arrived. He was making mini-pizzas for finger food. For dinner we went out and bought some doner kebabs - lamb.

Christmas Day - we grazed on macadamia nuts, nut biscuits, M&Ms, kri-kri peanuts and Turkish bread with tzaziki. And mini-pizzas. Then lunch - all cooked ahead, or barbecued outside, so we wouldn't be heating up the house (it's hot enough in Canberra in summer!). Purchased barbecued chicken, barbecued ham steaks, prawn skewers, roast vegetables (reheated in the oven) and more pies. Greek salad.
Dessert was Christmas pudding with brandy, cream, ice-cream or custard. Then we had a chocolate fondue with fruit. Not just strawberries, but we also tried mango, red currants, cherries - all delicious. BF1 wanted to dip Turkish delight into the chocolate but we stopped him.

Boxing Day - leftovers. This included the dishes we hadn't got to on the previous day. Mostly we ate leftover pies and chicken with salad. And more Christmas pudding. And the Christmas cake.

Next year we'll be back at home, I hope. And I refuse to cook too many different things, it's crazy.

We'll see.

Marg

Star*

call 911........call 911
mmmmmm (Note to self) If invited to Scent of Cedar (SOS) for 7 fishes feast of octopus leg - take a NO THANK you helping and get and extra napkin.

REALLY SOS? REALLY?? :nonono:

I mean er.....Um...Yum.