What's the strangest thing...

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Heather

Wait until the kids move out. Suddenly all of my bowls, dinner plates, glasses, and flatware have resurfaced. *cough* Although I had to soak them in scaulding hot water and antibacterial soap for many hours. :D

This thread is a riot!! :rofl: :rofl:

klmno

Oh- I was going to guess that the kids got into an arguement and threw dishes at each other (breaking them and hiding the evidence) while you were gone one day. I'm missing flatware- I figure it accidentally got thrown away with a paper plate or something on the rare occasions when difficult child would actually put trash in the can.

flutterby

Fly away!
I think they got buried in the heap she keeps of a room and would just throw them away when she finally did clean instead of bringing them to the kitchen. Cause, I moved and they are still gone.

I just got new dishes. I will be counting them regularly. :D

Now that I think of it, I had to count dishes with her dad, too. Must be genetic. :whiteflag:

gcvmom

Here we go again!
ALong the lines of WO's post, I've found shampoo bottles emptied and then refilled soapy water with bits of fecal matter... I know. Gross. Along with probe-like things in the tub (tinkertoy sticks, dental floss sticks, q-tips). Turns out difficult child 1 had some impaction issues he wasn't telling us about and was trying to take care of it on his own. :sick:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Turns out difficult child 1 had some impaction issues he wasn't telling us about and was trying to take care of it on his own.

OUCH!!!

Do I get to count the time Nichole hid baby field mice in her room? Here I am wanting to kill them..........and she's carrying on something awful!! LOL *I can laugh about it now*

susiequte

Hmmm...the meat thermometer in his bedroom? i don't even want to think about or visualize what he used it for!!!!!

The usual frosting, pie filling, etc....hidden behind books in the bookcase.

I too have lost dishes and silverware. I now count it whenever he is around.

husband's first wife had a nice set of silverplate silverware......I only found a few pieces here and there. husband said the kids used to take it outside and play with it.

The underwear that never got washed hiding in various places. I threatened to run it up the neighbor's flagpole!!!

DammitJanet

Oh Cory was a wanderer too. He left us several times. Actually Jamie did it too. When Jamie was three, he was being babysat by Tony's sister while he went fishing on a pier right across the road from where she lived. I was at school studying. Jamie escaped from her apartment to go find his Daddy and was caught by a passing cop trying to cross the road. The cop took him up on the pier to find his Daddy and he was really ticked off that Jamie was loose. He was going to get mad at us that Jamie was out and wandering but somehow Tony convinced him that WE werent negligent because he was supposed to be in a sitter's care. Not his fault if Jamie escaped.

Another time it was Cory that escaped early one morning and stole a dollar from Tony and left out the front door which was locked. We were all asleep. All Cory had on was a night diaper and a tee shirt. He was heading for the store for an ice cream...lol. A passing state trooper saw him and pulled him over. Asked him where he was going and Cory said...going to get an ice cweam. Cop got him in his car and took him to the store...got him his ice cream and then brought him back to the trailer. Knocked on the door and asked us if we were missing someone. LOL. Nothing ever came of that. Guy had a difficult child himself.

jal

This morning...a Ring Ding in my boot! Yesterday afternoon we discovered that difficult child had eaten a whole, brand new box of Ring Ding's that we purchased Saturday. Upon that discovery we immediately placed a lock on the "snack" cabinet with a key for husband and one for myself.

Upon getting ready for work I luckily happened to tip my boot and out plunked something onto the living room floor. Lovely, a Ring Ding with 3 bites out of it. This food stuff has just started to happen - UGH!

mstang67chic

Going Green
Flutterby...I've bought cheap silverware TWICE now. It ticks me off anyway but especially because the silverware we had origianally was from my wedding. We still have some of it but like you....a lot has disappeared. In our case, I'm sure some is in difficult child's room but I'm also sure that some was thrown away or lost outside. He cleans when he's manic and I've pulled silverware, towels, books, mugs, candle holders...all sorts of things out of the trash. Explanations ranged from "well the towel was dirty because I used it to clean dirt off my shoes" to "the candle holder was just sitting there". Grrrrrr....let's see......dirty towel? That's what the WASHING MACHINE is for!!! Lazy candle holder? That's what it's SUPPOSED to do!!!! I've always said that when difficult child gets his own place, I'm going to go over and "clean" difficult child style.

We've always had food issues too. I once found about 1/2 a pack of the break and bake Tollhouse cookies in the trash. Complete with canine teeth marks. difficult child told me that Taz had OPENED THE FRIG, got the cookie dough and ate some before difficult child caught him and got it away from him. I knew that dog was talented but guess I didn't realize just HOW talented he was! LOL

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Don't get me started on the food issues. Travis is the king of food issues.........even today! lol

Travis used to snitch husband's tools. For the longest time we couldn't figure out what he wanted them for........as a preschooler he had his own toy tools........and he wasn't using husband's to "build" anything pretend or otherwise. Screwdrivers were his favorite........

Finally caught him in the yard with one.........There he is digging a hole to China. So I ask what the heck he's using his Dad's screwdriver for? Cuz it's a Worm Hole Digger mommy!

:rofl:

Anyone remember that cartoon Bobby's World?? I swear that show saved Travis.......cuz Bobby (awful gfgish) thought alot like Travis did and taught me how to laugh at the minor stuff. LOL :D

Star*

call 911........call 911
You wanted to know WHY I can't be embarrassed?

In our side yard...I hear my Dude age 4 and my nephew age 3 - 5,4,3,2,1 then PppppKEW (blast off noise) and SPLASH DOWN.....and entire box of Tampax cardboard tampons (36 count) paper torn blowing all over the driveway - and there in the kiddie wading pool are about 30 "paratroopers" who have valiantly and bravely parachuted out of their cardboard planes into the murky depths below anxiously awaited by a rubber dolphin and a Great White shark.

Standing close by - My x, his brother and three of their beer drinking buddies nearly bent over to the ground laughing so hard they could barely breath - especially when the rubber shark "attacked" the parachuting paratrooper and swallowed him whole. It was all fun and games until someone suggested I bring them out a "life-raft".

Pretty sure that man STILL walks with a limp. :mad:

Oddest Find ever in the baking cabinet? Five cans of ready made frosting all empty - with the foil in tact and the lids on. - Can you imagine Betty Crocker SELLING them like that? You know - with sloppy Elmers glue down the side of the can to seal the aluminum seal back on after the frosting was missing? THE NERVE. FIVE CANS!!

mstang67chic

Going Green
In our side yard...I hear my Dude age 4 and my nephew age 3 - 5,4,3,2,1 then PppppKEW (blast off noise) and SPLASH DOWN.....and entire box of Tampax cardboard tampons (36 count) paper torn blowing all over the driveway - and there in the kiddie wading pool are about 30 "paratroopers" who have valiantly and bravely parachuted out of their cardboard planes into the murky depths below anxiously awaited by a rubber dolphin and a Great White shark.

Standing close by - My x, his brother and three of their beer drinking buddies nearly bent over to the ground laughing so hard they could barely breath - especially when the rubber shark "attacked" the parachuting paratrooper and swallowed him whole. It was all fun and games until someone suggested I bring them out a "life-raft".

Pretty sure that man STILL walks with a limp. :mad:

Oddest Find ever in the baking cabinet? Five cans of ready made frosting all empty - with the foil in tact and the lids on. - Can you imagine Betty Crocker SELLING them like that? You know - with sloppy Elmers glue down the side of the can to seal the aluminum seal back on after the frosting was missing? THE NERVE. FIVE CANS!!

Was there real explosives involved? Who lit them? THAT part aside? I'm sorry but I think I would have been laughing right along with the guys.

*ducks and runs for my hidden corner*

As for the frosting???

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Star*

call 911........call 911
No the little boys were making the PaKEW noises - but when the big boys saw what they were doing they joined in and HELPED maked the blast off noises.

Yeah that Dude - quite the package sealer.

I'm telling you - if I wrote a 1/10th of the stuff that kid has done to me? I'd be committed. Like asking SCE&G electric company to come get my shoes off the electric wires when he got angry at me - tied every pair up and tossed my tennis shoes, boots and even tied my sandals and just kept tossing them until they were all on the wire about 20' in the air.

When I started thinking about this post and rolling at some of the other stuff it would have been nice to have known you all when Dude was little - I wouldn't have felt so alone. Now it's funny - but maaaaaaaan......I guess we're all lucky to have any sanity left.

Or there was the time we put him in an Residential Treatment Center (RTC) and he complained that the carpeting in his room smelled like pee. He asked if he could get some carpet frest from the dollar store on their next outing. They told him no. He said FINE....your mistake....So he waited until everyone went to sleep and shoved 3 rolls of toilet paper in every commode in the cottage and flushed the toilets over and over and over. They couldn't get the toilets to stop over flowing and the water main was a well house down about 500 yards and the only man with a key lived about 40 miles off campus. When he got there the entire cottage was under about 9" of water. Needless to say all the carpeting had to be removed, and everything replaced. He got a months solitary for it but when they asked him in therapy explaining that it was going to be very expensive to replace all of the walls and floors and beds and carpeting - he said - If you had listened to me - it would have cost you $2.00 for some carpet fresh. Since you didn't it cost you a lot more. My room stunk like pee. You could have moved me and it wouldn't have even cost you $2.00 - But no one listens to you in here and I don't feel bad at all. :ashamed: He was 10yo

Believe me - when he told ME something in his room stunk? WE LOOKED for it. lol

KTMom91

Thank you, ladies, for showing me that a monument built out of pb&j and stuffed in a desk drawer wasn't so bad after all.

mstang67chic

Going Green
he said - If you had listened to me - it would have cost you $2.00 for some carpet fresh. Since you didn't it cost you a lot more. My room stunk like pee. You could have moved me and it wouldn't have even cost you $2.00 - But no one listens to you in here and I don't feel bad at all. :ashamed: He was 10yo

Believe me - when he told ME something in his room stunk? WE LOOKED for it. lol

You know....while I don't condone his methods.....the kid is smart and I can't blame him. He's got a good point there! LOL

Star*

call 911........call 911
Well .......all I can say is they kept the toilet paper OUT of the bathrooms and unlocked it, handed the boys a roll at a time and got it back when they were finished. AND the entire cottage got new walls, new floors and new carpet.

Actually some of the staff secretly said thank you - the place was over 50 years old, and due for remodeling - I'm sure insurance covered it, and it did reek of urine. :sick:. I remember going in there and thinking OMG....my baby is going to stay HERE? :anxious:

As far as listening to him? Um....well they moved him into a new room and it had a hole in the window....when he said "I have a hole in my window, it gets cold in here at night - they DID replace the glass the next day - not sure if it had anything to do with wondering if ALL the glass would need replacing or just his window - but Dude had stuffed a sock in the hole.

OMG I'm still laughing at the missing silverware....It's just been in the last two years that I bought two good sets - and I literally counted them almost every other day and made marks in the silverware tray - "should be up to here if all pieces are accounted for" - nice to know I'm not the only one.

But the vaseline in the tub? OMG everytime I think of it I just bust out laughing.

DammitJanet

You mean you can actually keep silverware longer than two weeks? I buy mine at Family Dollar for 4 for a buck. I also keep large boxes of plastic ware. Maybe someday I can have nice things.

I had high hopes that my kids were gonna grow up and move away but then they had kids so it looks like I am in for the long haul as a new generation has emerged.

Oh...I have so many stories about things to do with lubricants its not even funny! He was so inventive!

mstang67chic

Going Green
Janet...and others in need of silverware....I would buy the cheapo stuff at Dollar General but never liked it because it was just so flimsy. I like at least a little heft to my forks! LOL Anyhoo...the last time I bought some, I found some at Wallyworld for about the same price. I'm thinking it was 4 for $1.50...maybe $2.00.....somewhere in the reasonable range. I got forks and spoons and they are much sturdier than the dollar store stuff. Plain but not bad...they have rounded ends, a small design/groove around the edge of the handle but no other design or engraving.

No comment on the lube. ;)