What's Your Favorite . . . .

On_Call

ICE CREAM FLAVOR???

I love ice cream - I try not to even keep it in the house because I could get very, very used to a bowl each night when I'm vegging out before bed.

However, once in a while, I will pick up a pint of something good to keep on hand. Used to be Death By Chocolate, but last time I went to get some, I found Ben & Jerry's 'Dublin Mudslide'. Don't know if it has been out and about for a long time - I had never heard of it, but it's Irish Cream Liqueur ice cream with chocolate chocolate chip coodies and a coffee fudge swirl. YUMMMMMMMMY! :smile:

So, what's your favorite??

Ah jeeze.

From Baskin Robbins, either Chocolate Fudge, or European Truffle. Edy's (I think) has one called Chocolate Moose Tracks. Ben & Jerry's New York Super Fudge Chunk. Godiva Belgian Chocolate.

Basically, anything chocolate, and the darker & richer, the better. Throw in chunks of stuff, and I am in heaven. I also try not to keep it in the house. I stick to popsicles that I could not care less for.

DazedandConfused

chocolate chip cookie dough.

And, my favorite brand is the generic from the local supermarket. It beats any "gourmet" brand I have ever tasted.

K

Kjs

I make the worlds BEST hot fudge. A recipe from my mother. So..I just have plain white ice cream with hot fudge. If I didn't have hot fudge then I would go with Chocolate Almond Fudge

On_Call

All sounds delicious. What do you say we get together for a cyber build-your-own Sundae party? I will bring chocolate chips and sprinkles if you will bring your homemade hot fudge, kjs! :wink:

Sunlight

I also like that chocolate/coffee ice cream made by Starbucks--yum yum me too! esp the choc covered whole almonds in there!

muttmeister

Pistachio ice cream with hot fudge. I don't know why but pistachio is almost impossible to find in this area. Maybe that's why I like it so much.

Lothlorien

coffee with big chocolate chunks. The Hagen Daas store used to have Cappucino Commotion that was out of this world!

Breyers makes a raspberry with chocolate chunks that's good, too.

I like Mint Chocolate Chip and there is a soft serve place near us that if you catch it at the right time, they make a soft serve Pistachio which is awesome with chocolate jimmies on it. MMMMMMMMMMMM! Yum!

Did I mention I like ice cream?

Kathy813

Staff member
Boy, I must be dull. I like plain old vanilla.

I do like to top it off with hot fudge, though. Carvel ice cream sundaes are wonderful but chock full of calories so I rarely splurge. I was happy when they started opening stores in Georgia after growing up with Carvel ice cream in NY.

I would like that hot fudge recipe, Kjs.

~Kathy

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Coffee ice cream!!! I found these Julie's organic ice cream bars, coffee with dark chocolate coating!!! husband and I are hooked!!!! SO good....
We also make our own ice cream during the summer, even the girls like coffee ice cream!!!!

DDD

Pistachio and Coffee are my two favorites. Isn't that odd that
those are popping up as a CD family favorite? I don't like chunks of anything...or lumps of anythings, either. LOL! DDD

witzend

I love home made fresh (in season) strawberry or peach sorbet. If I'm really feeling decadent, I need a Jamoca Almond Fudge Hot Fudge Sundae from Baskin and Robbins. Breyers makes a really nummy Banana Fudge Chunk ice cream, but I can't find it anywhere anymore!

On_Call

Gosh, and to think I finished my ice cream all up when I posted this thread last night, darn it!! Just reading all of these flavors makes me want a big scoop right now!!

Have you seen the "Play Dough" ice cream yet? It's bright yellow - looks just like play dough - and has multi-colored sprinkles in it. In reality, it's just tinted vanilla - but the kids went ga ga over it on a recent day trip to a nearby tourist town. Girl at the store said they can't keep it in stock!

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Baskin Robbins German Chocolate Cake ice cream.

If I can't have that I'll take chocolate chocolate chocolate chocolate chocolate chocolate chocolate chocolate chocolate chocolate chocolate chocolate chocolate chocolate chocolate chocolate chocolate chocolate chocolate chocolate chocolate :wink: .

Suz

On_Call

Suz,

You sound like my easy child. If she had the choice to eat anything on earth for the rest of her life, it would definitely be anything chocolate! We never have to ask her what kind of ice cream she wants when we go out!

MMMM. Wonder if I can talk husband into running out for some?