When dealers make contact....

Lost in sadness

So,I was only just saying it has been a month with no contact and whilst desperately sad, I kind of feel better. I an no longer feel sad by social media posts and I no longer have the drama.
Tonight, my daughter starts asking questions about whether I knew where my son was staying. In the end I ask why and she says that a dealer has found her on social media and contacted her about money my son owes. I want to flip!!! 14 years old! WHAT??! How dare they contact her! In that very moment I hate him...but I love him. What are these feelings? I tell her she does not reply to them. Too late. She shows me the conversation between them. This guy is a total *****@&*(*&^! Its like he is from gangster land. Writings so bad I can hardly decipher what he is saying. Basically, my son owes money and they are out for him tonight. My lovely daughter tries to bide him time, defend him but equally puts them straight in that why do they keep giving him stuff when he never pays!! I feel like I'm watching a movie. I text my sons girlfriend and tell her to tell him that if my daughter receives one more text from one of his drug dealer 'mates' I will go to the police. She asks who has contacted my daughter as my son wants to know. I do not reply. I know he will be demented as he loves his sister. Now Im worried this will have made things worse and he will be on the rampage tonight looking for trouble. My daughter ta;ks to the dealer about whether they are going to beat my son up and the dealer (in his language) was suggested that just beating him up is kids play and this is more serious now. What for £300!! I simply can't cope with this!!
What is wrong with him (my son) .......is he actually STUPID!!!!!

BusynMember

Hon, for your daughters sake, id already go to the police. Sounds like your son is putting her in danger and he will probably be safer in jail. Usually jail is safer if they are playing with drug dealers.

Why do they keep selling? Maybe he pays eventually by stealing or other illegal methods. And dealers are not exactly businessmen. They dont care how they get paid. They use methods beyond collection agencies. Dont pay this thinking you can save him. It wont.

Of course they sound like gangsters. They are.

If your son loves his sister, why does he tell these losers that he has a sister and what her name is?

Hugs. I am sorry. Protect your daughter and youurself. Your son is causing this. He is not the victim.

Stay off social media. All social media. Especially your sons.

Last edited:

Crayola13

So,I was only just saying it has been a month with no contact and whilst desperately sad, I kind of feel better. I an no longer feel sad by social media posts and I no longer have the drama.
Tonight, my daughter starts asking questions about whether I knew where my son was staying. In the end I ask why and she says that a dealer has found her on social media and contacted her about money my son owes. I want to flip!!! 14 years old! WHAT??! How dare they contact her! In that very moment I hate him...but I love him. What are these feelings? I tell her she does not reply to them. Too late. She shows me the conversation between them. This guy is a total *****@&*(*&^! Its like he is from gangster land. Writings so bad I can hardly decipher what he is saying. Basically, my son owes money and they are out for him tonight. My lovely daughter tries to bide him time, defend him but equally puts them straight in that why do they keep giving him stuff when he never pays!! I feel like I'm watching a movie. I text my sons girlfriend and tell her to tell him that if my daughter receives one more text from one of his drug dealer 'mates' I will go to the police. She asks who has contacted my daughter as my son wants to know. I do not reply. I know he will be demented as he loves his sister. Now Im worried this will have made things worse and he will be on the rampage tonight looking for trouble. My daughter ta;ks to the dealer about whether they are going to beat my son up and the dealer (in his language) was suggested that just beating him up is kids play and this is more serious now. What for £300!! I simply can't cope with this!!
What is wrong with him (my son) .......is he actually STUPID!!!!!
I think I would call the police and have your daughter disable her social media accounts immediately.

ksm

So scary! I am sorry you and your family are going thru this.

Please let us know if things quiet down. Ksm

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
Son probably did not give dealer information but dealer looked up last name perhaps.

I'd also call the police.

I'd have daughter block the dealer. It's very easy to do. Also do not respond to anyone she does not KNOW.

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
I echo what the others have said. I would contact the police and have daughter block this thug.

Copabanana

I agree with the rest: disable daughter's social media; go now to the police. I would ask the police about any/all security measures to take. I would ask, too, to speak with the investigator handling cyber threats. I believe this dealer may have committed crimes by contacting and threatening your daughter, a child. I would file police reports.

In the USA your daughter, in some municipalities would be a victim of a crime. As such she would qualify for free therapy through the Victims of Crime benefits, called Victims Witness, through the District Attorney.

This dealer did what he did to threaten and to cause fear. To even insinuate that grave harm will come to a loved one is a serious threat. I have known men who have gone to prison for 4 years for a verbal threat. It would be taken with greater seriousness because the victim is a child.

Nessie

This is awful for you. I hate the thought of how my girls are being affected because of my sons actions and behaviours. I am so sorry for you but I agree with others in that you should contact the police as it's clear this person contacting your daughter is dangerous. I hope things improve for you soon x