When I worked, I used to love Friday!

nvts

I can't seem to get AH out of my mind lately and it's taking its toll. I have the Occupational Therapist (OT) and a photographer from the local paper (difficult child 2 is doing the wordsearch for the superbowl in the kids section) here at 4:00 and 4:30, the house looks like it threw up on itself, I had to shovel us and our elderly neighbor out, difficult child 1 may end up in the psychiatric hospital. if he doesn't quit his antics, Evie won't let me put a shirt on her, the matron from difficult child 3's bus called and said that if her antics didn't stop she's having her suspended from the bus for a week, my other neighbor/boyfriend has called me no less than 5 times today, the blind dog won't drink and the old dog pooped on the floor TWICE because she didn't want to get her feet wet in the snow, took difficult child 2 to the open house for middle school last night and now he's a nervous wreck and very "clingy".

And it's only 1:00 in the afternoon...

So how's YOUR day going...sheeesh!

Beth

DammitJanet

Ok...I have to ask...what is the word search for the super bowl? Im such a football fan that I have just got to know!

The other stuff? Ugh. I simply dont know how you manage your life. I know its cliche and means absolutely nothing but you amaze me, I think I would be in a corner licking myself. We cant of course, we somehow do what we have to do because that is just what we do. No one gives us a choice in the matter. Its not as if we can give up. Well I guess some folks do but not generally.

DDD

It's been decades and decades but I still remember the joy of Friday's back in the day. Having a long lunch. Skipping out a little early for a cool drink with friends and strangers. Laughter!! Oh, yeah! Thank God for memories.

Sorry you are surrounded by chaos. Sometimes life is just a barely endurable endurance contest. Hang in there. DDD

flutterby

Fly away!
My day has been going ok. And then I read your post and now I need a nap.

I think instead of putting difficult child 1 in the psychiatric hospital, that I would go myself. I'm kidding. Kinda.

TerryJ2

OMG. You're right where I was a few days ago.

Many hugs.

Do you have Caller ID? I'd only pick up when the neighbor calls if you feel you can handle it. I used to have a neighbor like that. (I assume she's not calling about your family?)

Can you call the bus driver and find out what's going on with-difficult child so you can help difficult child control herself? Is she loud? Falling out of her seat on purpose? What if the bus driver gave her a task to do, like count all the streetlights?

I hate weekends too. I hear ya.:Grouphug:

Nancy

When I worked I absolutely loved Friday too! When I was young and first married it meant we would go to the local pizza joint with our apartment neighbors and eat pizza and drink wine. When I got older it meant I would go out for drinks after work with my co-workers. When I got even older it meant husband and I could relax at home after a long week of work and travel.

Now I hate Fridays and hold my breath waiting to find out what difficult child's plans are.

Nancy

H

HaoZi

the house looks like it threw up on itself

I'm sorry, I giggle when I read that line, picturing some kind of Shel Silverstein illustration. I hope your weekend is better!

nvts

I'm sorry, I giggle when I read that line, picturing some kind of Shel Silverstein illustration. I hope your weekend is better!

I know, it gives you quite a visual doesn't it? It got even better after that. My sister and boyfriend (who are staying with my dad with her 2 kids while the renovate the small house next door) ended up disconnecting my fathers phone while trying to fix the virtual office phone for the fiance to work with. I was trying to call her to let her know that my 80 year old dad was shoveling snow while she, the fiance, and her 12 and 14 year old sons were sitting pretty in the house. Can't get through. Call her cell phone and she gives me this whole like about how her 12 yr old is grounded, getting spanked and she didn't realize that he was shoveling. I told her to get SOMEONE out there to shovel or SHE was going to get spanked...BY ME! Remember, I'm chasing Evie (2 years old) all over trying to get a shirt on her so I can't do it. The 14 yr old was outside in 2 mins.

In the meantime, the Occupational Therapist (OT) is calling to cancel 45 mins AFTER she was supposed to be here, the photographer called to say that he's going to be an hour late (I thanked him PROFUSELY) as the house was still vomiting, difficult child 3 had gotten home and was sent directly to jail without passing "go", difficult child 2 got here and didn't think he should have to help because Evie made the mess, no call from AH to discuss our issues nor to plan his time/day to pick up the older kids (I told him he can't visit them here anymore...it's getting to be time for me to get over him and spending 2 or 3 hours with him every weekend wasn't allowing me to do so), my Dad came over for coffee and fig newtons (that's all I have in the house - we're all trying to drop some poundage and all of us hate them but he loves them), he went home, I made tacos and remembered that he (my dad) had asked that the next time I made them to let him know because he hadn't had them in years (I made them for him 2 mos. ago), sent difficult child 2 over to get him (remember the phone) and got a call from sister (via her cell phone) that she, the fiance and the 14 year old were going out to dinner without the 12 year old who was in trouble. What's Dad eating, I asked. Can you put some tacos aside and he can come get them when they came back. Are you kidding me? What's the 12 year old eating? He'll find something, he's punished. I made up a platter of tacos and sent them over with difficult child 2. The next thing I know, there's another 2 year old in my living room with my boyfriend/neighbor. I'm now entertaining 2 two yearolds, cleaning a kitchen, chasing difficult child 3 back to her room, cleaning up the mess from the blind dog and still nursing a messed up head and heart.

God help me if this is a harbinger of the year to come! Come on 2012! :tinfoilhatsmile::groan::mornincoffee:

H

HaoZi

the house was still vomiting
:rofl:

Kiddo isn't the only one with a literal thought process, I just find more humor in them.

Tell sis that shoveling snow is one of the most dangerous things for someone your Dad's age to be doing - it causes a lot of heart attacks because it's so strenuous. It would be a fit enough punishment for the kid who is in shape to do it, though. My boyfriend still has issues dealing with his ex, so his parents transport the kids for him. If finding someone else to transport them might help, ask a few relatives. Then smack your sister for not even thinking that she could get some to-go stuff for Dad and the 12 yro. She could have at least asked him if he'd like something brought back or if he'd like to go!