When it rains...it falls

Abbey

Spork Queen
I tell you...this has been a heck of a few days.

I'm at the airport picking up my daughter and get a call from easy child son. Someone was shot at his school. He doesn't know the kid, but crime in any way is very uncommon where we live. He was riding his bike home and came across the crime sceen just a block from our house. VERY scary.

http://www.lvrj.com/news/15698052.html

Abbey

Abbey

Spork Queen
No didn't see it, but road across right afterwards with a big group of friends. Oddly enough, he was on restrictions from using the car so he was on his bike. Sounds like it was a gang initiation thing. Don't know what this world is coming to.

Abbey

Sue C

This makes me so very very sad. I just don't understand all these shootings/killings. The world is a scary place for children these days.

Hope your daughter and your son are feeling safe beside you today! Give them an extra hug from me.

Love,
Sue

Star*

call 911........call 911
Abbey,

Sending you an umbrella, some nice green tea with peach and a Dr. Shoals foot massager.

you sound like you could use a little 1st class pampering.

We just never know how lucky we are minute to minute.

Hugs
Star

Jena

Abbey

wow it does make you wonder what is going on in this world of ours.....

sounds like your doing a great job at holding up. hope both kids are ok.

your in my thoughts

jen

Abbey

Spork Queen
They have arrested the shooter...a 10th grader from the same school.

I could go on a soapbox, but I'll try not to. :tongue:

I think kids these days are so numb to violence and it's REAL outcomes from playing violent video games and watching the same in movies and TV.

My best friends have a 2yr old daughter. We were at their house last night and they got Sponge Bob Wii game for her. Although cute graphics, it was violent. It's all about shooting up things. So, when you think about it, we have a generation of young that are being raised thinking this is ok. All I know is that all I had was Pong. (You'll date yourself if you know what that is.)

Abbey

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Abbey

I loved Pong. My kids played only non violent video games til they hit hs. Heck, they didn't even get to watch prime time tv til they were in hs. And I monitored other shows they did watch. This was during the little amt of time they were allowed in front of the tv. (I happen to think there are more fun things in the world than to stare at the tv or play video games all day)

One reason was because as a kid Travis was monkey see, monkey do. It was simpler to avoid the whole thing. Another was that I just don't see the necessity.

Ok. I'll climb down off my own soap box now. lol

But I will add that sometimes growing up very poor can be a good thing. (my kids agree these days)

Its so sad all these shootings. But what's worse is that I don't think it effects society as a whole the way it used to. It's becoming so common place. And that is the really scarey part. For all that we're supposed to be trying so hard to put a stop to it, violence has become a part of the norm in our society.

I'm glad the kids were ok. Sheesh! What a horrid few days.

(((hugs)))