When It Rains......It Pours

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I dunno what's up with my family lately.:(

Oldest sis is in hospital deathly ill with double pneumonia.

Other sis stumbled on the steps while holding her infant grandaughter and crushed her heel bone. AND has kidney stones.

Brother has pneumonia.

Nichole has a kidney stone caught in her ureter. She'll be going into surgery for that soon.

And my kidney's are giving me ten kinds of fits. Been in lots of pain since using the bathroom at school this afternoon. Lovely.

I told Nichole she started something. lol

My mom is beside herself with worry as all but brother are out of state and she can't get to anyone. So I kept my mouth shut about me. The way my kidneys are.....they can kill me for a few days and quit. Something I've lived with for years. I know at what pain level it's time to get my arse to the doctor. Since it hasn't reached that level yet, I figured why give her someone else to worry about.:faint:

Just seems a bit weird to have it all coming down at once. And disturbing to have to make a list of people to call to see how they're doing.

Yep. Quarter from hades. OH........and Nichole talked me out of taking next quarter off. So I told her it had better be one heckova FUN quarter.:mad: I hope so.........I've got microbiology, Drawing I, and oil painting I. The last two are fillers to keep me full time and things I normally like to do anyway.

No one is allowed to get sick next quarter. I forbid it. I've had enough already. sheesh

Wiped Out

Staff member
Lisa,
You aren't kidding about when it rains, it pours. Your poor family deserves a major break! I'm sorry you are experiencing pain and so many of your family members are ill:sick:

I hope the classes turn out to be good ones. I'm so unartistic that for me, I would me more afraid of the art classes!

Hugs and take care of you.

trinityroyal

Awwwww, Lisa.
So sorry that you're all feeling so poorly. Sending hugs and healing thoughts to all of you, and saying prayers for a quick and complete recovery, and a nice quiet quarter.

Trinity

Star*

call 911........call 911
So the whole famdamily is getting stoned huh?

Sorry to hear that.......

May this post find you in passing to a better day.

:tongue:

Oh and paint me a donkey!

B

bran155

LOL Star!!!

I am so sorry. I hope you and the rest of the crew feel better soon.
Keeping you in my prayers. :)

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
OUCH, Lisa. I am having sympathy kidney pains for you and yours. I know that pain and hate it. I sure hope that everyone has a speedy recovery, your siblings feel better, N has a safe surgery and that your pain never reaches the 'get your arse to the Dr' level. Sending hugs and healing!

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Lisa--

Maybe your whole family is going through tough times right now because your WHOLE FAMILY is in for something really great. Maybe somebody wins a vacation for ten to Hawaii? Maybe a relative you never heard of leaves you all thousands of dollars? Maybe oil will be discovered under your Mom's house, and you all will have to help her rake in the profits?

I dunno...just a few hopeful ideas.

I hope you all feel better soon!

--DaisyF

Abbey

Spork Queen
Kidney stones? That's the only time in 47 years I saw my father cry. He simply fell to the floor and cried. He was in such pain.

I hope your family heals and the pouring will stop.

Hugs... Abbey

TerryJ2

Owie!!!! Oh no, poor sisters and brother. Poor you. Poor Nichole.
What are the chances this would all happen at once?
I like DaisyFace's philosophy. Once you get through this, there are great times ahead.
I'm flinging good luck and great health your way.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
DaisyFace I hope your philosophy comes true. :) It would be a nice change.

Star, had to LOL at your reply. And yes.......if they'll let me I'll try to paint you a donkey, although I dunno if it will look like a donkey when I'm done. I'd most likely do better drawing you one.

My pain is much improved so far today. Which is the way it goes with my kidney disease. (and why I hold off on going to doctor)

I'm still trying to figure out how sis crushed her heel with just a stumble. OUCH! That one has me shaking my head.

And oldest sis.........her pneumonia is now 3x worse since she's been in hospital. Antiboitics aren't helping. And she can't cough anything up for them to sample and culture to see if it's viral or bacterial.

So far, although the stone is caught up in her ureter.....Nichole isn't in pain. (weird) doctor kept asking her if she was sure it didn't hurt. I told her I think he got the xray just after it had got hung up, so she doesn't have the urine build up in the kidney yet to cause the pressure pain and spasms that follow. Thank goodness she still has pain medications left over from the gallbladder surgery. So if it does start she has something for it. The surgery will be simple outpatient. She'll have a cystoscopy, they snag the stone, and pull it out. She'll have some pain after and kidney, ureter, and bladder spasms for a few days, then it'll be ok. So I told her to schedule for a friday....then she'll be past the bad part by monday and won't miss anymore school.

On a much brighter note........I get to see baby Brandon today. :D Ohhhhhh newborn baby snuggles makes anyone feel better. lol

Thanks for the good thoughts.

TerryJ2

Ohh, neat! I'm so glad you got to see him.

I'm so sorry about your sister getting worse. Sheesh.

Best of luck for Nichole. I hope she continues to be pain-free.