When it rains (snows) wm calls.....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
In the midst of the ongoing drama that young L has once again brought into my home my "devoted" difficult child wm calls. Which generally isn't a bad thing however....

wm called to announce that at 18 he was refusing all services & moving back home. "Geez, wm, what makes you think this is going to happen?"
"Mom, it's about time I'm allowed to live at home ~ I'm no longer violent."
"Son, do you remember why you do not live here?"
"No, but I know that I'm over that."

Well okay then....:slap:

wm's thinking is so distorted that he picked up an infant from a stroller at the mall stating it was his "baby sister" & was taking her home to me; the sister he's never met & would now be 11 years old.

"I was in your neighborhood with staff yesterday, mom."
"What were you doing over here, wm?"
"Just checking the place out." :stalker:

I'll be checking in with staff about that.

wm is extremely jealous of kt ~ he really wants to live here. AND if wishes made dreams come true my family would be whole again. :stopglass:

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Wow...

Yeah, I'd definitely be discussing that with staff. THAT sounds very, very fishy to me. on the other hand - could this be part of his distorted thinking?

Just wondering...

HUGS, Linda.

JJJ

I REALLY hope that he is imaging that visit to your neighborhood. But having dealt with some strange staff, I would definitely be asking questions.

It must be the weather as Kanga told husband yesterday that she is ready for a home visit. (yeah right, never going to happen - we don't even take her off campus anymore).

It is horrible but I often think about moving and changing all of our names when Kanga turns 18. The mere idea that she could show up on our doorstep or contact one of us via Facebook just terrifies me.

DammitJanet

He picked up an infant out of a stroller?????????? Does this not scream a problem to someone?

If I had been that baby's mother, WM would be in jail right now. He would have scared me to death when he said he was going to take my baby away. Literally, that is the scariest thing I have ever heard.

Wiped Out

Staff member
TM-I truly hope he hasn't been in the neighborhood. What you said about him picking up the baby is very scary. Hugs.

susiestar

Roll With It
This is scary on just about every front, in my humble opinion.

Did he pick up the baby recently or was it something that happened a long time ago? I fully agree that the police would be called if a teen picked up my child from a stroller and said they were taking him home! I would be scared out of my mind by just the threat of it.

Why would staff take him to your area? Does he live nearby? This is completely inappropriate. There is nothing for him to check out. You very well may have to consider a restraining order esp after he is 18. I can see him showing up at your home, even breaking in, and refusing to leave - believing that you somehow "owe" it to him to let him live there.

You know you don't. But if you continue to stay in that area you are going to have to take some major security steps to ensure your safety.

I am so terribly sorry and sad about this.

H

HaoZi

My worry would be if he actually does take a kid - then realizes it's the wrong kid, or the kid makes too many demands on him, etc.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
In so many ways wm terrifies me. He has no impulse control (hence the baby situations), has a hair trigger temper & struggles daily with socially acceptable choices/behaviors.

In no way will wm move here with me ~ he's physically, verbally & sexually abusive toward kt & myself. This is just not happening.

Please know I love my son dearly but I cannot reach him.

susiestar

Roll With It
We all know you love him wholeheartedly. We also know why you fear him. Our fear is taht he may convince someone on his "staff" that he is allowed to visit you or drive around your home or whatever and then he may decide to come visit, etc.... on his own.

We are scared FOR you, but know you will do all you can to keep him safe and from being able to abuse you and/or kt as much as is possible.

If anyone could reach him it would be you. Sadly he just isn't capable of understanding.