When Mom is a difficult child and gfc is a easy child

TerryJ2

I am recovering from an anxiety attack. I am drinking Barefoot Pinot Grigio at 1:15 in the afternoon.
I was practicing baseball with-difficult child. He spent 15 min. showing me The Perfect Pitching Stance. Very similar to a dance step. I made the perfect pitch. He hit a line drive. I put the mitt in front of my face, missed the ball, and literally heard it whiz past my jaw at warp speed. It landed in the neighbor's yard. (The neighbors in Cincinnati.)
I screamed bloody murder. I mean, I literally stood there and screamed. I could just imagine myself with-a broken jaw, in the ER, not going to a Halloween party tonight.
My heart is still going a million miles a min.
He was amused but agreed to let me quit and go inside when he saw how upset I was.
I am much more comfortable in front of a keyboard.
Oh, by the way, he's been bugging us for more and more expensive equip, and he couldn't pass up this very vulnerable opportunity to remind me THAT is why he needs catchers' gear! (Incl. a face mask, which I would wear around the house when I'm within 6 ft of him.)
I've got a cold. I've got cramps. And I don't want to die.

:smile: :whew:

Star*

call 911........call 911
I know EXACTLY what went wrong. For future reference you must drink the Barefoot Pinot Grigio with shoes on and BEFORE you attempt to catch a ball with your teeth.

Glad you were not hurt. Had to laugh with difficult child about now he needs the catchers mitt.....gotta hand it to these kids they are opportunists in the most rare sense of the verb.

Bottoms up!

susiestar

Roll With It
I would be having a medicinal dose of the grape too. I spent many hours with a friend determined to teach me to hit or pitch a ball. I did not have the capability to do this, and 2-3 hour sessions of someone throwing things at me upset me greatly. She was a good friend, and lucky for me a good pitcher. But she underestimated the depth of my ineptitude for hand eye coordination. And my disinterest in sports with balls that get thrown at people.

I say the youngster probably needs the catcher equip - and Mom does too!!!

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
This would be why I sent husband out to practice with easy child when she is in softball. I want to live too. Glad the ball didn't make contact.

Hope your grapes calmed you down. Fruit is always good for the system.

Beth