Where do your BOARD NAMES come from, if it doesn't disclose anything, just curious

Estherfromjerusalem

Well, I reckon my board name is self-explanatory. I've got nothing to hide so it is my real name and the real place where I live, and you all know about it because you are all invited to visit me here!! (not all at the same time, please). I've been here on the board for oh-so-many years, always with the same name.

Love, Esther

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Wait, huh, Janet? Now I'm confused! LOL!!!

...As for my avatar... I change it. Douglas Adams, my furbabies, whatever.

Last one was Rod Serling, because I felt like I was living in the Twilight Zone. One was the Cheshire Cat, from feeling like I'd fallen down the rabbit hole. And this one? Well, I love the X-Files, and I know the truth is somewhere in Onyxx... Somewhere...

crazymama30

Mine is pretty self explanatory, my first one was crazymama without the 30, then I forgot my parties one day and got frustrated so I made a new acct.......and at the time maybe I was 30? Lol

svengandhi

Mine is adopted from my oldest boy. When he was a HS freshman, he insisted on being called SVEN. His name is Steven so Sven wasn't really that far from it. That same year, he became very interested in Gandhi. Although I had been on the board for quite some time by then (first joined in November 1999), I had left for awhile and when I came back I needed a new name. I picked Svengandhi.

buddy

you all are so great to answer my question...I think some of the names are so creative, some meaningful and all special because I have really grown to rely on your support in this short but critical time in my family journey. Thanks for sharing everyone!

Marguerite

My screen name here is the name my parents wanted to call me when I was born. Thank goodness common sense and my siblings prevailed or I would never have survived childhood...

The funny thing is, my siblings do not remember this anecdote. I remember my mother telling me, and when I was little I remember my sisters telling me. But my sisters do not remember now. So this is a secret that nobody will discover, even those who know me well IRW.

I've been on this site for so long now that if someone calls me Marg IRW I will answer to it.

Marg

DammitJanet

Buddy, I have a dog named Buddy too. He is a little, tiny 4 or 5 pound Havenese and is an evil genius difficult child dog!

ctmom05

I chose the "ct" part because I'm from Connecticut. Way back when I wanted to incorporate something about my kids into my online idea - we have 3, but 3 was already taken; so I opted for total number of family members instead.

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
I love Richard Strauss, he wrote an opera "The Woman Without a Shadow", in which infertility is symbolized by the inability to cast a shadow. I beat my fate and adopted 3 little shadows.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I've been on this site for so long now that if someone calls me Marg IRW I will answer to it.

Marg

I have to watch it, in real life, because I will sometimes almost slip and use board names in public places. I also say "koi" and "difficult child" if I don't watch it. I've also been known to type husband in other places. lol

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
My husband, on Saturday, was discussing difficult children with Hound Dog. It was interesting - it's not quite as natural for him.

Me? *snicker* Oh yes. Then again, when BFF's oldest was about 3, she mimicked everything, so we had to find alternate words. Fudge, son of a beat, shoot, and so on... So koi and hoover are just funny for us.