WHERE IN THE WORLD IS MARG and MARGS MAN?

Star*

call 911........call 911
MIA in AUSSIE WORLD????

You know you really should NOT have a friend in cancer recovery and then not hear from her. (hrumph) .........CHECK IN MARG.....

There hasn't been any disasters in Australia has there? Typhoons or.....no wait it's winter - Snow storms.....ice avalanches?

I keep forgetting we're all upside down to them.....When we're hot - they're not.

In any event- CHECK IN! :hangin:

Marguerite

I'm fine. It's been a busy few weeks. I have been checking in here too, but not always posting. We had last week in at difficult child 3's school every day (work experience - I sat in the library and did some writing) and today it was back to the school for a study day (I posted a morning thread in General). I have minimal internet access at the school, and when I come home I only have a short time before I head to mother in law's to get dinner - we've been having dinner with her every night for 18 months now.

husband has spent the last few weeks without his support staff at work, so he's been working twice as hard and a lot longer, coming home exhausted. His offsider came back on Monday so things should ease off when the backlog is dealt with.

Between all this, we've not been as visible. Sorry if we startled you.

I have been on FB, I can post there quickly and get out again. I can also read my incoming emails when I'm at school (if I take the laptop).

The cancer - it's fine. I'm certain the surgeon got it all. It was a slow-growing and small tumour, hormone sensitive. The pathology said the margins were clear. The thing is - even if the doctor missed a bit, I've been irradiated and anti-hormoned to such an extent, that the darn thing (with its slow growth) is not likely to be detectable for a few more years yet. But this surgeon is good, if she could cure my friend who we thought had a death sentence, then I'm safe as houses. I was just thinking just last week - it's just over a year since I finished my radiation. difficult child 3 was doing his work experience just over a year ago when I was going through the last of my radiation course, husband drove us in to the school and stayed in the library while I slept in the car. I'm doing a lot better now. However, I do find I take a lot less crud from people these days.

As for disasters here - we were floodbound a fortnight ago. Tonight there were a lot of cop cars, an ambulance an fire brigade that I drove past on the way to the shop this evening (still don't know what that was about) and our news service is showing a story happening as I type this, of a young girl on the other side of Sydney who is wired with explosives and they're trying to defuse this human bomb. No more details, it's nowhere near us, the police say people have been evacuated and they're trying to save the girl and find out what has happened. Otherwise - no real news. Just olds...

Marg

Estherfromjerusalem

Marg, it's good to hear from you. You and your husband are so good to your mother in law. You seem to be able to cram so much into your timetable, you leave me gasping just reading about everything you do!!

What's all that about a human bomb? I'll have to ask difficult child -- he's in Sydney. But I always get my times muddled up and when I want to phone him it's the middle of the night, or else he's just arrived at work, or something. One day I'll get it right. He said the weather has turned slightly warmer. The best is talking to him on Skype, because there's no time limit because it is free.

Can you believe it -- I am beginning every so slightly to miss him! That has taken 5 months of him being away.

OK, good to hear you are OK.

Star, thanks for asking her.

Love, Esther

Marguerite

Esther, it happened last night in Mosman, perhaps the most expensive part of Sydney to live in. It's just on the north side of the Harbour Bridge. Details still scanty, but the girl is safe, there was no explosive but they only just found that out. It's beginning to sound like an extortion attempt that has failed.

difficult child probably already knows, but we only have two more days forecast of this lovely warm weather. It's scheduled to turn back into winter on Saturday afternoon, so any sightseeing he wants to do - get the outdoors stuff done on Saturday morning! I hope he's enjoying Sydney.

A TV show that was on last night called "The Gruen Transfer" - it's an Aussie comedy exposé on advertising. A weekly show, first episode of the new series. Every episode they do a "pitch" where two advertising agencies compete with one another to make a TV commercial to 'sell' the unsellable. One they did in the past, was an ad to encourage Australians that it would be a good idea to invade New Zealand. It was brilliantly done, very funny. And the following week, they let New Zealand get their revenge on Australia!
Last night's pitch - a Sydney agency vs a Melbourne agency, each had to propose good reasons why their city should be made the new national capital instead of Canberra. Rivalry between Sydney & Melbourne is long-standing and sometimes I get sick of it. But last night the clear winner was Melbourne - their agency began the ad with some superlatives about how beautiful Sydney is - weather, amenities, scenery, lots to do - and how it's TOO good for our politicians, they don't deserve it. "Send them to Melbourne where they're more likely to stay indoors and work."
Esther, I hope your difficult child saw it. Sheer genius! If he didn't, tell him it's on iView on the ABC website. That's Aussie ABC, a very different entity.

Thanks for caring, guys.

Marg