Where is everybody???

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
It's unusual for this forum to be so quiet.

Okay, I'll start.

I'm biding time, waiting for "The Bachelorette" to start. The previews show DeAnna saying, "I just let someone go who I thought I was falling in love with."

or words to that effect.

So, I've been atwitter all week wondering if it's Jeremy or Graeme (Graham?) or Jason. I don't think it's the skater guy because I don't think she thought she was falling for him so I'm hoping it Jeremy since I like him the least of the other 3 (even though he has fabulous abs).

Okay, so maybe this thread belongs in WC but I wanted to see where my buddies here are hiding.

So while I'm waiting for TB to start, I'm having a glass of wine and playing fetch with the girls and watching "House Hunters."

What are you doing instead of posting here? ;)

Suz

meowbunny

Worrying about sick and dying pets. Feeling sorry for myself. Fretting about my child and still new-found religion.

Sorry, life here stinks.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Aw geeze, MB.

I have 2 oldtimers I worry about every day so I know what you mean about sick and dying pets. Tell me about yours. I'm so sorry.

Hugs,
Suz

everywoman

I'm dealing with a difficult child moment. He is in rare form. I hate that I can't even communicate with my son. He just left in a rant over draino in the sink. Ugh.
Anyone want to by a difficult child! He's good for arguing with, stealing, laying around, eating, asking for money---that's about it.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
EW, I understand. I remember those awful days with Rob when there was absolutely nothing I could do or say that was "right" and that nothing in his life was "right." I do NOT miss that attitude.

Hugs,
Suz

Well I am feeling sad! I just got back from Alanon where we had a newcomer that had lost a son to drugs 18 years ago and now her daughter who is 45 is doing the same thing. It is so sad to say that it could be me one day and that is why I TRY to stay strong. I just hope somehow something turns around for my difficult child. I know he is tired of jail.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Suz

I've been trying to get my house cleaned up. You'd be amazed at how horrid it is after a quarter of school. Makes me so mad. No sense in it. Too many adults live here. (I think that's the problem in a nutshell)

It is slow going to say the least. The laudry is to the point that if I had enough laundry baskets I'd haul it to the laudomat and do it there, much faster than 1 load at a time here.

And once I get this house done I have to tackle the back yard which is almost as bad.:bloodshot:

Then I'm gonna sit down and figure out how I can manage to keep it clean while in school because this is just too much. I already told husband that with my first quarter student load refund I'm buying a dishwasher. lol That alone will be a huge help.

Eventually I hope to make it outside. All week we've had beautiful weather and here I've been in the house.:tongue:

Nichole turned 19 today. easy child took everyone out to dinner because Travis' 22nd birthday was a couple of weeks ago. He's still waiting for presents because he won't tell us something he wants. I'm giving up and giving him cash. lol

Nichole started her summer quarter at college. AND she did homework/studying tonight, instead of using her birthday as a reason to get out of it. I hope it's a good sign.

Now I have to head to bed. I have Darrin at 6am because easy child has a meeting at work.

DammitJanet

I have been busy today trying to catch a summer cold, getting Keyana from her mom because the maternal grandma was rushed to the ER with chest pains, and then tonight is my Intervention TV night.

We are all kind of waiting on pins and needles for info from the hospital about the other grandma to see where Keyana is going to go the rest of this week. I really hope she is ok. Keyanas mom had talked to me earlier in the day about how we might have to keep her some anyway this week because her grandfather was really sick and might be in the hospital and now with her mom...well this is bad. I actually like Lindseys mom. Linda - lindseys mom- didnt talk to us for a long time when the whole baby thing first happened but now we are really close in raising the kid. She finally figured out we werent going to run and leave her holding the bag I think. I dont want to see anything bad happen to her.

witzend

husband and I are remodeling the kitchen. I know - but it's the last room in the house that we haven't remodeled! (Onward to the yard from here!) So, he is cutting off the power all of the time and cutting out my router! Luckily, the weather has been really pleasant, and I have done some yard work.

I have also been trying to keep up with the dust in the house, as my lungs have been full of gunk for weeks! But, I got it dusted (sort of) yesterday, and all swept and mopped today. There is no ceiling in my kitchen, and the drywall guy is coming tomorrow. But for now, I can breathe! Woo hoo!

Do you have any idea of how long it takes to sweep and vacuum 2000 sf when you are half crippled and the dust keeps falling? But, it looks so much better! I'm happy with it until it's disgusting again.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Susan, the stories you hear at Alanon meetings are sad, there's no doubt about it. That's why you are working as hard as you are now, in hopes of changing the future.

Lisa, it's difficult to maintain a household while going to school. My hat's off to you. Have you ever gone on strike?---or would they just sit back and let things get worse? I hope you have some moments today when you can sit down and put your feet up!

Janet, I hope you are able to out run that cold- no fun at all! I'm sending good thoughts for all of the health issues going on in Keyana's family right now.

Witz, I'm jealous that you are getting a remodeled kitchen. Lucky you! When you were describing how your lungs have been full of junk I thought about Bubba, wondering if his problems are also possibly related to the dust? I hope he is doing better and that you feel better soon.

Suz

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Just been working a lot on my end - at the office AND home. I've been on a cleaning binge lately, one room at a time and getting rid of a lot of "stuff" that I have held on to for sentamental reasons but will never use.

As far as the kidlets - eldest has pretty much decided that the boys and I are no longer her family. I call once a week or every other week just to keep in touch and see how the grandkids are doing - if I didn't am positive I wouldn't hear from her at all....sigh. Her personality has changed so much quite frankly, she is a little on the scarey side with things she has done and said. Nothing would be beneath her to do so she ends up with what she wants and I think maybe its best she made the decision she did that we are no longer needed in her life. It breaks my heart, and I miss the grands at any rate

easy child is still working two jobs so he can get ahead on his bills and go back to school - I hardly even catch a glimps of him anymore.

Youngest has been working straightout 6 days a week for some kind of real estate office on straight commission, paid in cash daily LOL. Driving around - no license, no insurance, no registration, but is going to "get that taken care of soon" I only do a lot of eyeball rolling with him but is a grown a** man now so I let that stuff go. He is aware what can happen.

SO's knees are going..but medi cal has finally authorized for him to get daily shots of some kind of bone replacement stuff. Its amazing that now that the kids are getting their life in order, some sooner than later, he is pretty much still a mal-content and will find something to B & M about on a daily basis, usually about Dan. I don't know, I think I have a very cheerful positive attitude, but he is slowly killing our relationship with the negativity. Am glad he is now able to go out on his own more, and has gotten a little circle of friends in our office complex -keeps him out of my hair most of the day.

Suz & the gang~

Copper is doing really well despite her circumstances. She is out of work, but the Leprechaun is working FT. She is looking hard for a job even though neither one of them have a car right now. She's out on foot!

Tink is, well, still a mess.

Genny

Worlds Best Nana
husband and I are back from Jamaica, rested and r-e-l-a-x-e-d. The grandboy turned 4 over the weekend. He had a great party with all his friends from daycare, and husband spent half a day assembling a huge climbing dome in our backyard for him.

Work is good, husband and I are working on making things better (long story, but progress is being made, and Jamaica helped).

I stop in a few times a week, but don't have much to post these days. That's good, right? ;)

:peaceful:
Genny

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Marcie, I'm glad the boys are employed. It keeps Cheech out of trouble for a few hours a day anyway ;) and it will help easy child obtain his goal.

As for eldest daughter- she doesn't even remotely resemble what she was like in the early years. :(

And SO---great news about the shots! I know you've beaten your head against the wall on many occasions fighting for those shots. Pretty funny about being glad he is out of your hair for a few hours a day. From the sounds of it, I don't blame you.

Abbey, here's a glass of wine. Raoul is expected soon to keep you company. ;)

BBK- good news about Copper! What's going on with Tink? I must have missed something. (?)

Genny, how wonderful that things continue to go well. I'm so glad you checked in! :D Even if you don't have anything to post about your life, the rest of us could sure use some of your practical (and hard earned) expertise!

Suz

Star*

call 911........call 911
JAMBO!

We left for safari (photo) and are just outside of Rwanda. We are planning a hike up to the Volcano in the Virungas NW of Rawnda. Then we're hiking up 2 days to Karisimbi and then Bisoke. Hopefully we'll get to Old Karisoke -the old Dian Fossey place, but the militamen have been pretty tough to convince and I did not bring near enough AMEREEEEEEcan trinkets. Apparently cheap shower sandals bough in the us for a few dollars are worth their weight in gold here. Some of our guides are barefooted. One man had made sandals out of 2litre soda bottles and some torn shirt material. I'll try to get a picture and post it here later.

Hoping we get to see gorillas from a distance. When you're walking in the jungle it's not uncommon for someone to yell WHO FLUNG POO - or stop because of a poachers snare.

After we leave here - I'm trotting north by train to Kenya. There's been a lot of fighting to the West so hopefully we won't get caught up in that mess.

TTFN

Well that sounded a heck of a lot better than - sitting on my lounge chair in the front yard wondering what Pootie and Dude were doing.

~In my mind I can go all kinds of places. ;)

Fran

Former desparate mom
Suz, I was scrubbing the bedroom rug today. Takes me a long time. I'm trying to keep up with a recuperating mom with diabetes and medicating HoneySue and slowing her down when she tries to leap off the porch to chase squirrels. In between, the pups are shedding in clumps. I dusted the floor 3 times already today.
Nothing exciting over this way.

trinityroyal

I have been on the long and winding business trip.
Different city every day, back and forth across the province, running 7-hour-long seminars each day, then rushing back home (hotel?) to try and do my day job and get a little bit of sleep besides.

The good things:
- husband is off work so he is accompanying me on the business trip and doing ALL the driving. When you have to leave at 5 am to get to the next town it's lovely to be able to nap all the way there.
- Since husband is still on his doctor-supervised diet, we've been cooking a lot and packing big coolers full of food for the road, so I'm eating healthy things and not getting all sluggish.
- Sometimes when the location is close to home, I get to sleep in my own bed (yay!)

Things seem to be ticking along smoothly with all of the assorted kidwinks. difficult child is doing so well at Residential Treatment Center (RTC). They are starting him in the vocational program within the next few weeks, with the goal of getting a job. This is something we never thought he'd be able to do with his functional deficits, so husband and I are so happy about this. Little easy child is growing like crazy and very excited about the last day of school (tomorrow). Step-D is keeping on keeping on.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Star, travels are fun but there's a lot to be said for sitting on a lounge chair in your own front yard. Enjoy!

Fran, sounds like chores and nursing dutes are keeping you pretty busy. I hear ya about the dog hair!

Trinity, your days sound exhausting. How long will you be working 2 jobs? Good news that husband is with you and the kids are doing so well!

Suz

ScentofCedar

Computer problems, here ~ I'm not sure why it's letting me on this morning!

difficult child continues to do well ~ seems to get himself into challenging situations (that's an understatement :)) but has a different attitude toward everything, now.

Wishing everyone well. If I am not on over the coming days, it's the computer.

I will be back on after we move.

Barbara