Where to ask a question about teen issues with- no substance abuse?

kellygal

Hi all,
I am new to these forums, and am wondering where to get parental support concerning my teen. Is there a forum for parenting help with teens who are NOT substance abusers on this website?
Thanks!

kellygal

klmno

the General section is always a good place to introduce yourself (anonymously) and talk about your general concerns.

Welcome!

kellygal

I am wondering where to find Emetrius in the forums. I wanted to post a question on how to help my teen get through a situation she is having, but don't know where to go. The general forum seems to say it is only for parents with special needs issues. Thanks!

klmno

The definition of "special needs" here on this board might not be what you are used to. I still suggest posting your question in General. The emeritus section referred to was Parent Emeritus and that is typically used by people whose children are old enough to be leaving home. You can post there, too. General gets viewed most and by people with a wide range of experience. Your child/teen doesn't have to have a learning disability, by the school's standard, in order to post there. Once peeople know what kind of issue/question you want advice on, they can point you in the right direction, or at least offer support if there is a more appropriate place to look for help.