Where to stay in Niagra Falls, Ontario

Nanasearching

My best friend is getting married in Rochester, New York. We will be going and thought it would be fun to visit Ontario after the wedding for a week or so.

We would like to stay at a hotel overlooking the America Falls as well as the Falls on the Canadian side for a few days. I have been online and can't tell which ones offer the nicest view

Any suggestions?

tiredmommy

I live near Niagara Falls, Ontario so I don't have any actual experience staying in the hotels (because I always go home, lol!). When is the wedding?

AndreaDanielle sometimes visits the Falls with her family, you may want to pm her about her accommodations. Let me know if I can be of any help when you visit!

busywend

Hi Nanasearching! When will you be coming for the wedding?

I have stayed in Niagara Falls a few times, but never really got a place with a view. I think there is a Radisson that is just blocks from the main street that runs parallel with the falls - it is a taller building so even though further from the falls, probably a good view still.

Nanasearching

Thanks TM!! I had 2 of those links. Now I have another one from which to choose.

BW, The weddnig is April 14th. We will be in the falls on the 15th and the 16th. After that we Would like to take a side trip to see Joybells and CW, time permitting. We don't have to be back home until April 22nd.

Cass1

Pat,
I would love to get together with you ,our last plan didnt work out.Im 2 hours from Niagara Falls maybe we could meet up somewhere please email me.
Cassie

LittleDudesMom

My sister and I took our kids there for spring break last year. We loved the Canadian side. We stayed at the new Embassy Suites, Fallsview. Fallsview is a newly developed area in NF and this hotel is the closest to the falls. Our room had one wall that was ceiling to floor window with a lovely gas fireplace and a great hot tub!

The hotel is lovely and there is a manager's reception every late afternoon wiht complimentary drinks and snacks as well as a free cooked-to-order breakfast each morning. Your stay also includes a free shuttlebus to all the area attractions.

The view from the hotel is spectatular with both the Canadian side and the American side visible (the view at night with the falls lit is incredible). You can't buy a better view! Go to the Embassy Suites website for more details and great pics of the hotel and their view of the falls. Once you arrive ask about being upgraded. We did and got a great mini presidential suite for no extra money.

Sharon

Nanasearching

Thanks, Cassie, I emailed you. Would be great to see you!

TM and Sharon, after reviewing the hotel info on the web site, and Sharon's note, we booked at the Embassy Suites.

Thank you!!!

On_Call

TM,

Can you tell me if Marineland is still open - and how far it is from the Canadian side of the Falls?

We went to the Falls twice when the kids were very small and want to go again this summer. I had seen Marineland commercials on tv years ago, but haven't seen any in quite some time. If it is still up and running, we would love to add it to our trip.

Thanks!

PS: My mother & an ex-boyfriend stayed at the Radisson a few years ago - the pics she got from her balcony were pretty good, so it must be fairly close to the Falls.

On_Call

TM,

Thanks for the site link. I am so glad it's still open - we don't get the commercials on our local channel anymore, so I wasn't sure. We are planning a trip there sometime this summer. I love the Falls. I think I could stand there are look at it forever.

Thanks again!