It's Complicated Meryl Streep
Meet the Morgans Sara Jessica Parker
Up in the Air George Clooney
Leap Year

Help me decide which one to see! Thanks, ML

Last edited:

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
We saw Up in the Air and found it to be very predictable - even a tad bit boring. I want to see It's Complicated, but no one will go with me because so many people said it stunk. Don't know much about the others. We just saw Valentine's Day, which was cute, if a little slow.

LittleDudesMom

A couple of folks have told me that It's Complicated was pretty funny. I would have chosen Up In The Hair from you list had I seen this before you went - sorry it wasn't what you expected....

Sharon

Marguerite

husband & I went to see "It's Complicated" on our wedding anniversary. I think it helped us to feel even more smug at being married to each other for so long. I know people have been down on Alec Baldwin for his bad behaviour to his daughter (although which parent leaked that phone call to the media and put it on the internet?) but if he was able to do as good a job as I felt he did in this role, then he 'gets' it. His character - is a total "poohead", as easy child would say. Charming, persuasive, manipulative - you can see (Meryl Streep's character in the movie) why she married him in the first place. You can also see why she divorced him.

Frankly, I liked the film. If it had anybody else, not Streep & Baldwin, I might not have liked it so much. But they carried it off well, with 'layers' as I call it, those added depths that make the characters more 3-dimensional. At times Baldwin's character's behaviour does tend to be a bit farcical, and I did find the appearance of Steve Martin to be very disturbing (WHAT has he done to his face? He looked like he was wearing a Steve Martin mask) but once I forced myself to ignore the plastic shine and cute eyelashes, I was able to see into the very sympathetic treatment of his character.

It isn't a brilliant movie (not like Doubt, which husband & I saw on our anniversary the year before and thought was fabulous) but it was an enjoyable and moderately thought-provoking bit of fun.

I haven't seen the others so I can't compare.

I hope this helps.

Marg

M

ML

We saw Up in the Air. We liked it but it sure wasn't a feel good movie! I wished we'd seen I'Tourette's Syndrome Complicated and after reading Marg's review I believe we'll go next Sunday. We saw a movie and had a drink and popcorn for $10!

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I posted just as the site went down for the update so I guess my reply didn't take.

I LOVED "It's Complicated." Loved it! There might have been a couple of slow parts but honestly I howled until I had tears running down my face at the party scene and again at the scene they show in the previews where Alec Baldwin is in his birthday suit with the computer in front of him.

O.M.G.

I thought it was endearing and honest and utterly charming. I can't wait to buy the video when it comes out.

Suz