...whine....whine....whine....whine....

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
...no, not me.

Rob.

:hammer:

He called yesterday. Every single time I hear from him it's nothing but a whine session.

...he's broke...

...or heartbroken...

...or mad at someone...

...or someone is mad at him...

...and he hates his boss/coworkers/neighbors/landlord, you name it.

And I'm responding like a daggone Susie Sunshine :princess: ...

...and it is utterly exhausting :faint:

So, yes, I guess I AM whining..... :smile: .

OMG, is it contagious? :doctor:

I've never had a easy child. Do they whine endlessly like Rob does?

Suz

KFld

No easy child's don't whine as much. They can do some whining ocassionally, but they can be snapped back into their places much easier :)I always feel sorry for people who haven't had the pleasure of both a easy child and a difficult child because my easy child always remimds me that I am a good mommy.

Just keep playing suzie sunshine. Don't give him the response he's looking for.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
That's what I thought. Thanks, Karen. Not worry- I never play into his victim mentality. No way.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">my easy child always remimds me that I am a good mommy. </div></div>

That's why I have my fuzzbutts. :flower:

Suz

busywend

No easy child here! I have no idea if they whine. It seems mine is never going to be satisfied.
Even her sweet 16 party is not good enough for her. I told her she was lucky to get one.

Just be Suzy sunshine and deep breathes!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
A single word can stop easy child from whining, while you can talk yourself deaf and still the difficult child's whine.

Yep, I think caller ID might be a good investment. :smile:

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Yeah, I'm still smiling, Wendy.

Lisa, I do have caller id-lol. The thing is...Rob never has minutes on his cell phone so he calls from "borrowed" phones. I get calls from "unknown caller" more often than not :rolleyes: . Besides, as much as he drives me nuts, I love my kid and don't want to miss a call.

Suz

Our easy child granddaughter whines often and loud. But of course, she's 5. difficult child whines just as often, not as loud, but her complaints are more sophisticated. She's 26.

KFld

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Daisylover</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A single word can stop easy child from whining, while you can talk yourself deaf and still the difficult child's whine.

</div></div>

This is so true. What a great way to describe the difference.

Sunlight

My easy child never whines. even when he has every reason to do so.
Ant calls and whines I need this and that.
I do watch caller ID now. When I do answer, I tell him I know he will figure that problem out. he then hangs up on me mid sentence. I am still talking and I realize he is already gone.

ScentofCedar

Aw, Suz!

I wish things were better. It's good just to hear their voices sometimes, though.

On the whining part? I think we all whine sometimes. The difference is that where you or I might say we're having a bad day, difficult children tend to blame everyone and everything but themselves for where their choices got them.

And it IS hard to hear, because until they stop doing that and start realizing no one is singling them out, they can't make different choices.

That is why our difficult child is always wanting to relocate. It's the boss, the weather, the job situation, and so on.

I'm really glad you hear from Rob though, Suz.

One of these days, Rob will call and say something that indicates he is taking responsibility for himself for once.

And when he does?

You will probably be struck speechless!

Barbara

Stella Johnson

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Suz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's what I thought. Thanks, Karen. Not worry- I never play into his victim mentality. No way.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">my easy child always remimds me that I am a good mommy. </div></div>

That's why I have my fuzzbutts. :flower:

Suz </div></div>

You are lucky. Even my fuzzbutts whine and beg. :hammer:
I agree with the caller ID. It is a great invention. :flower:

steph