Whisper a prayer if you have the time......please

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
My sister in law was diagnosis'd with breast cancer last week - is heading into surgery tomorrow. It's a hit to our family. Dad adores sister in law - she's the best thing to happen to my brother ever.

I plan on being at the hospital tomorrow with Dad & my brother; kt will be staying with one of my neices.

Dad has been "nagging" all the ladies to get their mammograms complete after Mom died in January. We've all had differing results; I go in for an ultra sound on my left breast on Wednesday, then an MRI with a possible biopsy.

My older sister was biopsied but has come out clean. My younger sister results are clean.

TerryJ2

Good luck Linda! I just went through that this summer. Every time you have a test, you think it's going to give you the answer and 9 X out of 10, it leads to another test. :frown: The good part is that eventually, the biopsy will give them the info they need. There have been so many breakthroughs.
Good luck. I'll be thinking of you.
PS I never use those little pads they're offering now on mammograms. (The ones that look like shoe inserts but they're to soften the feel of the hard metal.) They're a waste of $5. FYI. :smile:

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Prayers to you Linda! I too had to go for the ultrasounds following a couple of mammos - I have very dense breast and my armpits are loaded with little swollen lymph glands, but nothing ever turned up serious. It's good that you're taking care of this and kudos to Dad for pushing all the ladies in his life!

Keeping a good thought~

I know this is scary. I was 34 when I was diagnosed with breast cancer. That was 6 years ago, and I'm fine. What kind of surgery is she having? Having gone through 7 surgeries,chemo and been scared alot-my life, every moment of it, is so much richer in every aspect, and I can say, truly, the cancer has been a gift. I know your sister in law will find it to be true years from now. This is a hard time right now. Keep reminding her -This will end and she will get her life back! Is there a support group in the area? There are lots of women who will be very positive and uplifting and she won't feel so alone in this. PM me if you want to ask me anything. -Alyssa

Sunlight

Linda,
I pray God sends the best possible care for your sister in law as well as peace of mind for all the family.
have a blessed Easter.
Janet

livinginazoo

I'll keep you and your family in my thought and prayers. Some words of encouragement- My great-grandmother beat breast cancer at the age of 81. I've watched to many family members go through cancer treatment, it's very stressfull and I feel for your family. Be strong for her, and I hope that all your tests come out good.
Hugs.

F

flutterbee

I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts...rattling beads and sending out positive vibes.

Linda,

I'm keeping your sister in law in my thoughts and prayers... I pray the surgery goes smoothly and she makes a full recovery... I also pray that your family remains strong and finds comfort from being together at this most difficult time... :angel:

Also, I understand the stress you must be feeling regarding your own mamogram results. I have a high risk for breast cancer and have to have mamograms every six months. I usually end up getting an ultrasound with a fine needle biopsy almost every visit. I've also had to have several biopsys (SP??) while under anesthesia. Please take good care of yourself... Take some extra "ME" time if possible. Let others take care of kt. If you need to talk, I'm here... WFEN

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Thank you all for your good thoughts.

The docs have found a second & then third spot in my sister in law's breast. The MRI then add'l ultra sound found this information after the biopsy.

My mammogram came back with an "suspicious" spot & needs further study. Following up on Wednesday with a breast surgeon.

Again, thank you all.