Who are you and what have you done with my daughter???

F

flutterbee

Not that I'm complaining or anything. :tongue:

She looks like my daughter. She dresses like my daughter. Her voice sounds the same. But...*GASP*...that tone isn't there. The arguing isn't there. She actually - sit down for this - she actually laughs while doing school work. :faint:

OMG. I think my daughter *might* actually be - dare I say it? - enjoying herself!

I mean, this has been going on for 2 WHOLE DAYS!

This is why I love being a mom. :D I thought my heart would burst from seeing actual, real joy on her face.

L

luvmyottb

I would like to propose a toast to your new daughter!:D Here's to enjoying the new difficult child and hope she stays! Good for you.

maril

I, too, am happy for your daughter and you. What a nice development/fresh start in the new year. Hope all continues to go well.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
she actually laughs while doing school work. :faint:

OMG. I think my daughter *might* actually be - dare I say it? - enjoying herself!

OK--And just as a reference for the rest of us....

Where did you find the magic potion that made homework so much fun to do....and can I please get my hands on some?

Thanks!

--DaisyF

robinm1922

One day at a time
I would like to know that answer to that too!
Shoot I would like to get mine to do homework on her own period!
Enjoy and may it last a long long time!

Marguerite

Tell her, in a positive way, how much you are enjoying her company at the moment. Don't mention past problems or anything, just say, "I've really enjoyed talking to you," or "I'm so happy that you seem to be relaxed about doing this."

Reward the good stuff. The best reward is your approval and positive time with you.

Marg

KTMom91

Heather, I'm so glad you're enjoying the peaceful pleasantness! Fingers crossed that it lasts a good long while!