Who excercised today?

Nancy

I've been riding my bike for 30 minutes and fast walking on the treadmill for 20 minutes every day. I've been doing very goodnot eating between meals. I'm determined.

Who else worked out today?

Nancy

BusynMember

Me!!!! I exercise almost every day. It helps keep the weight I lost from coming back on :smile: I hate exercise, by the way, but I make myself go to the gym.

Wiped Out

Staff member
I just got back from the health club-I set a personal best for me on the bike tonight of 11.1 miles. I was inspired after putting on a pair of jeans today and barely being able to breathe. :smile:

Martie

I am at the gym 5 days a week. It keeps my pain from the car accident manageable. Today was not one of my days, but reporting in is a good idea.

Thanks for posting this.

Martie

Fran

Former desparate mom
I did exercise today. I did the treadmill for 60min. I have been doing pretty well at 6 days/week the last two weeks. No marathons but working up a good sweat. I'm doing weights and resistance twice a week too.
I have been eating pretty well. The scale is moving oh so slowly. Glad to see I'm not the only one who is suffering through the exercise.
MWM,it's great that you have kept it off

Nancy

Wow Wiped Out 11.1 miles, that's great. How long dis it take? I did 6 miles tonight and that was my personal best. Then I did another mile on the treadmill. I want to get up to 10 miles on the bike :smile:.

Nancy

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I shoveled!!! A lot... does that count??? everyone is sick and I had to run interference...

needabreak

Did not go to day cause was in doctor appointment all day.but went yesterday even though i hurt my toe.and will go tomorror.also went to good will and found one of those things to help do stomach crunches.i dont know what there called.also been walking difficult child to school and back instead of driving.

Nancy

Wow you are really peddling Sharon. I try to keep my RPM's at around 70 and it takes me 30 minutes to go 6 miles so you are traveling. I'm impressed.

Nancy

jannie

trying to survive....
I walked this morning. First time in about four weeks! However, did not do well this week with the dieting...I skipped my ww meeting today as well....

And JJJ a 50 minute restraint definately counts !!

busywend

I did 30 min on the treadmill tonight. I am hoping it is a turning point back to losing weight instead of gaining or standing still.

needabreak

i couldnt today even though i want to.i dont know what i did to my back but i can barely bend over.im glad to here everyone doing so good.please send me some of your strengh i need it....but i have been drinking my water.

Fran

Former desparate mom
I worked out hard yesterday. It felt like I needed water all day long. I think I drank a gallon or more. Today I'll go a little lighter.
wendy, good for you for getting back into it. I know for me it's an all or nothing. Once I break from the routine more than a couple of times, I just lose the initiative. I have to have a schedule or pattern. It worked for several years but I let it go gradually. Now I have to start over.
Good luck everyone for a healthy eating day and a little exercise for your own well being.

amstrong

didn't exercise yesterday but will try today-it is mine & husband 5th anniversary and we will be going out to dinner--i plan to make healthy choices and maybe walk after dinner. difficult child turned 19 yesterday so this has been an eventful week for us.

Martie

I went to the gym for two hours. I did 30 minutes on the eliptical, 30 on the recumbent bike, went through the machine circuit (boring), and finished up with twenty minutes of free weights which is my favorite activity. This burns about 400 calories which is encouraging--except when I go with ex-difficult child, he usually burns off about 600 to 750. I can't do that so it's kinda discouraging. The moral of this story is don't have a 19 year old male as your exercise buddy! LOL

Then I came home and ate dinner. I was hungry :smile:

Martie

Nancy

I was out of town Friday night but easy child and I found the work out room in our hotel. Haha I did about 30 minutes and easy child did an hour. The machines were different than I'm use to and I did some machines I never did before and I was a little worried about overdoing it. Today I'm going to easy child's college gym and working out with her.

Nancy

Fran

Former desparate mom
Nancy, I think I want to try an elliptical trainer but I'm worried I can't keep it up for too long. What machines did you use?
Has anyone used a rowing machine? Did you like it?
Martie, do you like the elliptical?
I'm going to try my beloved step again this week while out of town. I really loved it but I find that I can't get to the classes as easily as I did before.

I walked long and hard on the treadmill Sat. while watching cable channels. I'm feeling it a little today so I'm going easy.

Nancy

Fran, that was my problem, the TV was up too high and we couldn't change the channel or hear it while excercising and I need that distraction.

They had about six different machine there, all using weights to work on different parts of the body, pecs, thighs, arms, etc. I used those when I worked out at curves too. I was afraid of pulling a muscle so I was very careful since I have pain in my back from arthritis and I didn;t want to hurt anything. It's obvious I need to build up the muscles in my arms.

My easy child uses the elliptical machine all the time and she loves it, she does 30 minutes on that and 30 minutes running on the treadmill. I tried the elliptical but it was hard and easy child sd the ones at her college are ver smooth and you can do 30 minutes fine, it's like gliding. I know she worked up quite a sweat. I'm anxious to try that today at her gym. She wants us to buy one. I would do that if I found it really helpful.

Nancy